Pages: Previous123Next
Current Page: 2 of 3
Re: MySQL Password and MyPHPAdmin
Posted by: stevenmartin99 (---.251.255.14.threembb.ie)
Date: March 15, 2011 05:20PM

Wamp works out of the box.
If you wanna set a password for mysql then you will need to let phpmyadmin know about it.

As for the bit about forgetting your password? Thats a user error

Steven Martin
stevenmartin99@gmail.com
stevenmartin99@hotmail.com
PampServer.com - [pampserver.com]

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Effigy (---.hfc.comcastbusiness.net)
Date: March 15, 2011 05:28PM

If you wanna set a password for mysq if you count a completely unsecured mysql db for the whole world to see and muck with then yeah, it works as a security breach right out of the box..

Posted by: yfastud (Moderator)
Date: March 16, 2011 01:55AM

I have made plenty of apache server installers, from source, made for various custom uses.
I would say, there is no tool if it has no use. If the point of WAMP is not to allow one stop installation of a windows apache mysql php server, than it is not a tool as it has no use.
Just as you said, might be Wamp is not good enough for you, so with your PLENTY experience, you might do something to contribute to wamp community to make it better instead wasting time complaining winking smiley

Have fun,

FREE One A Day
FREE Photo
FREE Games
FREE Websites
FREE Portable GPS
FREE WAMP Guides

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/16/2011 05:05PM by yfastud.

Posted by: ThirdEye420 (---.hsd1.mi.comcast.net)
Date: March 16, 2011 04:25AM

"If you are using WAMPserver you are, catgorically, a beginner, nuff said. I have made plenty of apache server installers, from source, made for various custom uses."

So you are also categorically a beginner because your using WAMP yourself? I'm a beginner because I use it to test? What is beginner about this?

You haven't compiled any servers from source in your life.. You wouldn't even know where to start, I bet you haven't compiled anything bigger than BB code. You contradict yourself on every comment you make and make yourself sound like a fool, and the only Pig Headed person here is you, the one doing all the whining and squealing.

You say its not a tool if it has no use? What the hell are you talking about!?!? Seriously.. Do you not comprehend anything beyond your false reality? What exactly makes this not a tool, how does it have no use? Your stating that a package that installs WAMP on your PC, with extra modules, and a basic interface is useless? So its useless because it doesn't set a password in two documents at once, because you're to dumb or lazy to do it yourself?

If your talking crap about WAMP then why are you using it? and why do you care enough to even sign up, and post in the forum? OR are you just Trolling? You're delusional if you think downloading everything one by one is easier than downloading one file and having everything. (besides your little lazy ass password setting script) If you compile servers from source all the time then why are you even using WAMP? go use your customized server that you made for you foolish person!

Posted by: PISHISAURUS (2.176.60.---)
Date: March 23, 2011 09:43PM

Hi everyone,

I am new to this forum and not quite aware of the reason behind the whole literature on this topic.
I guess for simple yet important issues like this there should be something like a PINNED or RESOLVED link to some straight-forward documentation. Am I wrong on this?

-I used the MYSQL console using the command SET PASSWORD root@localhost=PASSWORD('mypass') ;
-Then I changed the the password entry in config.inc.php file to "mypass"

Is that it? or do we need to change entries in my.ini or anywhere else.

I appreciate any useful info that will save us some time.

Regards,
PISHI

Posted by: stevenmartin99 (---.b-ras1.srl.dublin.eircom.net)
Date: March 23, 2011 10:30PM

thats all you have to do

Steven Martin
stevenmartin99@gmail.com

Posted by: gaurav55 (---.dyn.optonline.net)
Date: April 03, 2011 07:32PM

These instruction still don't work for me.

I tried setting password using MySQL console by the following command.

SET PASSWORD for root@localhost=Password('root');
Query OK, 0 rows affected (0.00 sec)

Then I changed the config file to

<?php

/* Servers configuration */
$i = 0;

/* Server: localhost [1] */
$i++;
$cfg['Servers'][$i]['verbose'] = 'localhost';
$cfg['Servers'][$i]['host'] = 'localhost';
$cfg['Servers'][$i]['port'] = '';
$cfg['Servers'][$i]['socket'] = '';
$cfg['Servers'][$i]['connect_type'] = 'tcp';
$cfg['Servers'][$i]['extension'] = 'mysqli';
$cfg['Servers'][$i]['auth_type'] = 'config';
$cfg['Servers'][$i]['user'] = 'root';
$cfg['Servers'][$i]['password'] = 'root';
$cfg['Servers'][$i]['AllowNoPassword'] = true;

/* End of servers configuration */

$cfg['DefaultLang'] = 'en-utf-8';
$cfg['ServerDefault'] = 1;
$cfg['UploadDir'] = '';
$cfg['SaveDir'] = '';

/* rajk - for blobstreaming */
$cfg['Servers'][$i]['bs_garbage_threshold'] = 50;
$cfg['Servers'][$i]['bs_repository_threshold'] = '32M';
$cfg['Servers'][$i]['bs_temp_blob_timeout'] = 600;
$cfg['Servers'][$i]['bs_temp_log_threshold'] = '32M';

?>

After that when I tried to use phpMyAdmin I get Access denied error
#1045 - Access denied for user 'root'@'localhost' (using password: NO)

I tried to uninstall WAMPSERVER and reinstall it, but that doesn't solve the issue. I am a beginner so I might be missing something. Please help.

Posted by: gaurav55 (72.5.142.---)
Date: April 06, 2011 06:33PM

I have to say, after few days of using wampserver, I do not find anyway to tell phpmyadmin what my mysql password is. It keeps failing regardless of what I put in the config.inc.php in my C:\wamp\apps\phpmyadmin3.3.9 folder. I have given up. There is nothing I do changes the error message.

Date: April 06, 2011 06:41PM

can i take a look with teamviewer?

Steven Martin
stevenmartin99@gmail.com

Posted by: BHB (---.sub-75-192-221.myvzw.com)
Date: April 06, 2011 07:54PM

I am having this same problem; I have not attempted to reinstall and I am VERY NEW to phpmyadmin; programming in general though I am competent with CSS/HTML. Building (wishing) a dynamic site.

I made mistake of setting all three passwords that looked to be necessary assuming the program would just ask me for the passwords next time I logged in. I have gone through tutorial at jlbn.net and all makes sense to me except where it does not work. SInce I made password for the ,.. trying to remember that screen now there was an ip#, ::1 (?) and root? I made all three passwords the same.

I assumed if I could not figure this out that I could just uninstall and reinstall; I don't mind but need to know what I set next time as far as passwords are concerned.

I am sole user on a home computer designing a site that will eventually be quite large with many remote users (admin) and customers logging in to secure SSL. I need to get this set up proper from the beginning.

If I can use WAMP for multiple domains, that will help me. I would like to build simpler sites to get my feet wet.

Thank you for your kindness,
BHB

Date: April 06, 2011 08:41PM

Steven,

I just sent you an email.

Thanks,
Gaurav

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/06/2011 08:42PM by gaurav55.

Date: April 06, 2011 09:28PM

Steven was able to resolve this for me.

BHB,
I had this not working on my work and my home PC. Tonight I will try to fix it on my home PC and take extensive notes and post it on here for you to use. Steven showed me a more secure way of changing the sql password and it works like a charm.

Posted by: BHB (---.sub-75-197-78.myvzw.com)
Date: April 07, 2011 12:05AM

Thank you! I will await your notes.

Posted by: BHB (---.sub-75-197-78.myvzw.com)
Date: April 07, 2011 12:21AM

wait wait wait,.... it worked!!! pat pat pat,.. the tutorial must have worked. I did a 'restart' once and no salami but after a shut down, drop cookies, 2cnd shut down and boot up it worked.

Ok, this phorum rocks. I still need to learn more about security prior to getting into tables/database. I have many Ullman books about but would like something that works specifically with phpmyadmin.

BHB

Posted by: yfastud (Moderator)
Date: April 07, 2011 02:51AM

If I can use WAMP for multiple domains, that will help me. I would like to build simpler sites to get my feet wet.
No matter within or outside LAN access, you need to setup Access, DNS, and VH; Access for permission to connect to your Wamp PC, DNS to tie Domain(s) to your Wamp PC, and VH to host multiple Domains/Websites/IP's and even you have only 1 Domain/IP, you should use VH to set it up w/ the site you want to show up first on top and localhost on bottom and others in middle if having more than 1 site; w/ VH, other PC's, no matter w/i or outside LAN, can access/see websites/contents on your wamp PC. If dont have real Domain, just skip DNS guide

To setup Access, follow this
[blog.jlbn.net]

To setup VH, follow this
[blog.jlbn.net]

To setup DNS, follow this
[blog.jlbn.net]

I am sole user on a home computer designing a site that will eventually be quite large with many remote users (admin) and customers logging in to secure SSL. I need to get this set up proper from the beginning.
To setup SSL on Wamp, follow this
[blog.jlbn.net]

Have fun,

FREE One A Day
FREE Photo
FREE Games
FREE Websites
FREE Portable GPS
FREE WAMP Guides

Posted by: boaz (180.181.109.---)
Date: April 12, 2011 06:08AM

Changed password in phpMyAdmin, then in config.inc.php, then restarted (multiple times) and now have access to LHS pane only in phpMyAdmin... RHS pane still shows:

Error

MySQL said: Documentation
#1045 - Access denied for user 'root'@'localhost' (using password: NO)

what gives???

Date: April 12, 2011 06:10AM

history in browser..
clear it all

Steven Martin
stevenmartin99@gmail.com

Posted by: boaz (---.lns1.mel4.internode.on.net)
Date: April 27, 2011 09:28AM

OK!

For the benefit of other newbies.
Instructions that worked for me:

1. Change password in phpMyAdmin: ie, what I did:
a. after installing WS locally browse to localhost - up should come WAMPSERVER Homepage
b. click on 'phpmyadmin' under the 'Your Aliases' heading
c. up should come the 'phpMyAdmin' home
d. select the 'Privileges' tab along near the top of the RH pane
e. of the 4 users 'root/localhost' should be last row - click the 'Action' icon in this row
f. the 'Edit Privileges: User 'root'@'localhost'' page should appear
g. in the 'Change password' table (3rd one down) select the 'Password' radio button then type your preferred password in each of the text entry fields. Press the 'Go' button in the bottom right corner of the table.
h. a green box should appear at the top of the page 'The password for 'root'@'localhost' was changed successfully.'
2. Add your password to the 'config.inc.php' file:
a. Find the 'config.inc.php' file, eg, C:\wamp\apps\phpmyadmin3.3.9\config.inc.php
b. Open in a text editor and find the line containing:
$cfg['Servers'][$i]['password'] = '';
(it was the 16th line for me)
c. Between the last two apostrophes insert your preferred password, eg,
$cfg['Servers'][$i]['password'] = 'mypassword';
d. Save (and close) the file.
e. click on the 'phpMyAdmin' graphic in the top of the LH pane
f. at this stage you'll likely get an error to the effect: 'dodgy password - can't let you in!'
g. in your browser options, privacy settings: clear recent history...
h. reload localhost then phpmyadmin (until it comes up *without* the 'insecure' warning. Done!

Hopefully this helps (and is accurate...)

cheers,
boaz

Posted by: infinitum (---.dynamic.wa.co.za)
Date: May 01, 2011 10:07AM

It worked for me.

By trial and error I had discovered the same thing. Had I only come to your post, it would've saved me lots and lots of time.

Thx mate.

Posted by: infinitum (---.dynamic.wa.co.za)
Date: May 01, 2011 10:17AM

@Effigy, I'm sorry mate, but your frustration with things should not be pointed at wamp or "this pig headed crowd" as you say.

Wamp is a great tool. As a user, life in open source (mainly people's free time that ends up in software) is not as easy as click click click.

If you take the pleasure of enjoying the journey, you will appreciate the effort put in by these developers.

Have fun.

Pages: Previous123Next
Current Page: 2 of 3

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.