How can i access phpmyadmin from local network?
Posted by: kaziris (---.home.otenet.gr)
Date: November 06, 2008 12:31PM

i have 2 lan computers
computer1 is the server installed
computer2 is the one that connects to the server

how can i access the phpadmin panel from computer2 ?

thanx in advance

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: How can i access phpmyadmin from local network?
Posted by: toivo (---.nsw.bigpond.net.au)
Date: November 06, 2008 12:50PM

Hi,

I'd say 'with difficulty'. It would be easier to download MySQL Administrator from [dev.mysql.com] and install it on computer2.

All you need to do then is use phpMyAdmin on the server once to add computer2 as a host from which your user connects to the server, if your user has already rights to the databases on the server.

Also, if the firewall is turned on in computer1, you need to open TCP port 3306 to be available for connections from the LAN, or just from the IP address of computer2.

Regards,

toivo
Sydney, Australia

Posted by: kaziris (---.home.otenet.gr)
Date: November 09, 2008 03:11PM

Well i have found the way to do it !

For anyone who stuck on this problem ...

If you have more than one computer lan and you want all of them or some of them to see also the phpmyadmin panel on their lan computer you have to do the following easy steps

1. left click on wamp server icon on tray, Rollover the Apache > folder and then to Alias directories > folder and in the new panel rollover again to the folder [localhost] > and choose the text "Edit alias"

2. In this new text document in the end of it you will see that it allows for phpmyadmin to be accesible from the main computer that the wamp is installed
"Allow from 127.0.0.1"

So you need after that to just add a line and allow the ip of the lan network to be accesible only from lan computers e.x. "Allow from 192.168.1.64"

See full text below

<Directory "c:/wamp/apps/phpmyadmin2.11.6/">
Options Indexes FollowSymLinks MultiViews
AllowOverride all
Order Deny,Allow
Deny from all
Allow from 127.0.0.1
Allow from 192.168.1.64
</Directory>

That`s it !

Enjoy smiling smiley

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/09/2008 03:12PM by kaziris.

Posted by: RuineBab (---.dsl.citenet.net)
Date: January 27, 2009 07:44PM

Hi Kaziris,

Thanks for the informations. It confirmed to me that I had done the right thing.

I have one question though: From computer 2, what should I type in the browser adress field to access phpadmin, I've tried computer 1's IP adress with no avail.... so I'm puzzled here

Marcel

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.