After installation, should we rename the index.php?
Posted by: johnny10mile (---.hsd1.mi.comcast.net)
Date: January 27, 2009 05:04PM

Here is hopefully a simple question or questions.

1) I installed everything and can see my pages through the internet. Great, but when I goto my homepage that I am using it takes me directly to my wampserver homepage (index.php in the www folder). Is there a way to redirect it so it goes to the a different index.html or index.php file?

2) How do I set it up so I can access my home server desktop I have setup that has Wamp on it. I would like to access it from my laptop and upload it like a normal website hoster would but I have no idea how to go about doing that and what to change. Is it simple? Because I copied over the files from my laptop to a folder in the desktop, and I am getting an error connecting to the localhost. (that is probably my own problem I have to resolve) but I would like to access it kind of like a professional site is, directly through the internet, and not through shared folder in my network if that is understandable. I don't know much about phpadmin and I don't find much on it unless I am looking in the wrong areas. thank you.

But most importantly I would like to resolved question #1 for now. I do not want to just rename the file and have problems after that. thanks

john

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: After installation, should we rename the index.php?
Posted by: yfastud (Moderator)
Date: January 27, 2009 05:09PM

Options: ReplyQuote

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.