WAMP Server 2.5 - Install PHP 5.3.29 HELP
Posted by: ChuckMN (---.harding.edu)
Date: January 29, 2015 12:50AM

Hello,
I have installed WAMP Server 2.5 onto an HP server that is running Windows Server 2008 R2 SP1. I am building this configuration to copy a live environment and need to run PHP 5.3.29 as the PHP version. I have tried downloading the Windows 5.3.2-WIN32-VC6-x86.zip file, then extracting it to a new folder in the bin/php folder and copying the PHP.ini, phpForApache, and wampserver files to it as well and changing their contents to reflect the 5.3.29 version of PHP..

I can get the PHP version to show up in the WAMP PHP menu, but when I switch to it, the WAMP server stays orange and will never turn green. Also, the PHP error log shows a plethora of errors. When I change back to the original PHP version everything works fine.

Any links to previous questions or new help would be greatly appreciated.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: WAMP Server 2.5 - Install PHP 5.3.29 HELP
Posted by: Otomatic (Moderator)
Date: January 29, 2015 09:55AM

Hi,

All VC6 packages will not work with VC9, VC10 or VC11 and Wampserver 2.5 is build with VC9 or VC10.

If you want to run PHP 5.3.29 with Wampserver 2.5 , you must download a VC9 package:
php-5.3.29-Win32-VC9-x86.zip

Topo in English and French: [forum.wampserver.com]
It is for php 5.3.28, but it is the same for 5.3.29, just replace 5.3.28 by 5.3.29.

---------------------------------------------------------------
Documentation Apache - Documentation PHP - Documentation MySQL - Wampserver install files & addons

Date: January 29, 2015 10:59PM

Hello Otomatic,
Thanks so much for the help finding that link. I am having the same error that the person in the linked discussion is having. After restarting the server and the WAMP service the logo stays orange with 5.3.29 selected and will not turn green. I have Apache 2.4.9 running, PHP 5.3.29 running, and MySQL 5.6.17 running. I looked in the PHP error log and below is what I found.

----------
[28-Jan-2015 22:30:30 UTC] PHP Warning: PHP Startup: Unable to load dynamic library 'c:/wamp/bin/php/php5.5.12/ext/php_intl.dll' - The specified module could not be found.

in Unknown on line 0

[28-Jan-2015 22:30:30 UTC] PHP Warning: PHP Startup: Unable to load dynamic library 'c:/wamp/bin/php/php5.5.12/ext/php_ldap.dll' - The specified module could not be found.

in Unknown on line 0

[28-Jan-2015 23:58:58 Europe/Paris] PHP Notice: Undefined offset: 0 in C:\wamp\apps\webgrind1.0\index.php on line 28

[28-Jan-2015 23:58:58 Europe/Paris] PHP Stack trace:

[28-Jan-2015 23:58:58 Europe/Paris] PHP 1. {main}() C:\wamp\apps\webgrind1.0\index.php:0

[28-Jan-2015 23:58:58 Europe/Paris] PHP Fatal error: Uncaught exception 'Exception' with message 'Could not open C:\wamp\tmp/ for reading.' in C:\wamp\apps\webgrind1.0\library\Preprocessor.php:49
Stack trace:
#0 C:\wamp\apps\webgrind1.0\library\FileHandler.php(171): Webgrind_Preprocessor::parse('C:\\wamp\\tmp/', 'C:\\Windows\\Temp...')
#1 C:\wamp\apps\webgrind1.0\index.php(30): Webgrind_FileHandler->getTraceReader(NULL, 'percent')
#2 {main}
thrown in C:\wamp\apps\webgrind1.0\library\Preprocessor.php on line 49
----------

The Apache and MySQL logs also have errors in them, but the list is so numerous that I am not sure if they are actually errors. Am I running the right version of Apache and MySQL? Do I need to change anything in the Webgrind folder?

Once again any tips or advice would be greatly appreciated, and thanks so much for the previous help.

Posted by: RiggsFolly (---.as43234.net)
Date: January 29, 2015 11:51PM

Try doing this

using menus do

wampmanager -> Apache -> Version -> 2.4.9 ( click the 2.4.9 )

This will rebuild the SYMLINKS in the apache2.4.9\bin folder.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
(Windows 10 Pro 64bit) (Wampserver 3.3.4 64bit) Aestan Tray Menu 3.2.5.4
<Apache versions MULTIPE> <PHP versions MULTIPLE> <MySQL Versions MULTIPLE>
<MariaDB versions MULTIPLE> <phpMyAdmin versions MULTIPLE> <MySQL Workbench 8.0.23>

Read The Manuals Apache -- MySQL -- PHP -- phpMyAdmin
Get your Apache/MySQL/mariaDB/PHP ADDONs here from the WAMPServer alternate Repo
-X-X-X- Backup your databases regularly Here is How dont regret it later! Yes even when developing -X-X-X-

Date: January 30, 2015 12:26AM

Hello Riggs,
Thanks for the tip. I tried doing what you suggested and still no luck. I don't know if every time I quit the WAMP service and then restart WAMP if it clears the error log, but if it doesn't, then I have no new errors. If it does clear the error log after every time you stop and start the WAMP service then I am still getting the same error message. I even restarted the physical server and still no luck.

Thanks so much for giving me the tip though! Let me know if there is anything else you can think of.

Posted by: RiggsFolly (---.as43234.net)
Date: January 30, 2015 01:05AM

Logs from Apache/MySQL and PHP are not cleared by anything other than you, plus all lines are date/time stamped.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
(Windows 10 Pro 64bit) (Wampserver 3.3.4 64bit) Aestan Tray Menu 3.2.5.4
<Apache versions MULTIPE> <PHP versions MULTIPLE> <MySQL Versions MULTIPLE>
<MariaDB versions MULTIPLE> <phpMyAdmin versions MULTIPLE> <MySQL Workbench 8.0.23>

Read The Manuals Apache -- MySQL -- PHP -- phpMyAdmin
Get your Apache/MySQL/mariaDB/PHP ADDONs here from the WAMPServer alternate Repo
-X-X-X- Backup your databases regularly Here is How dont regret it later! Yes even when developing -X-X-X-

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.