How can I recover the SQL/db?
Posted by: Ticak (---.callplus.net.nz)
Date: February 24, 2011 07:58PM

My Windows installation corrupted majorly, I had to reinstall windows, and was only able to salvage the /wamp/ folder. I wasn't able to create/export a SQL so I'm kinda stuck.

Can anyone tell me how to recover it? my entire site (MediaWiki) is still there, but ofcourse not working.

Any help would be appreciated, thanks!

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: How can I recover the SQL/db?
Posted by: stevenmartin99 (---.b-ras1.srl.dublin.eircom.net)
Date: February 24, 2011 08:01PM

well the db's are stored in c:\wamp\bin\mysql\mysqlx.x.x\data

did you install a new version of wamp? it may have have another version of mysql... which means you would have two mysql versions folder(x.x.x) in the mysql folder

if so .. you could try firing up the older mysql.. (move the other mysqlx.x.x folder from your backup into the folder......... then later you can export the db.. and import into the new mysql( or carry on using the old version)

to swap versions, left click wamp>mysql>version> select the other versoin if its there.

Steven Martin
stevenmartin99@gmail.com
stevenmartin99@hotmail.com
PampServer.com - [pampserver.com]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/24/2011 08:04PM by stevenmartin99.

Date: February 24, 2011 08:41PM

Thanks for the reply, It was in mysql5.1.36.. The files are all mysql-bin.00000#, and the 2 databases I want are folders full of *.frm files.. I've got the newest wamp running (mysql5.1.53) but I've set it to run the older version..

However phpMyAdmin isn't seeing those databases..

Date: February 24, 2011 09:05PM

this bin files suggest the INNODB engine was being used.. they cant really be just moved around and expected to work like MyISSAM engine dbs.

if the server was running when the pc crashed they are most likely corrupt..

is it sensitive data?

if not , i could try get them back if you want..

send the entire DATA folder from the backup to my gmail email address below but i cant promise anything

Steven Martin
stevenmartin99@gmail.com

Date: February 24, 2011 09:11PM

Yeah, some of it is sensitive. I don't think it was running at the time when it crashed. If I can't do anything, I can't do anything.. I can restart over I guess.

Thanks for your help.

Date: February 24, 2011 09:17PM

just make sure that you did try to run MYSQL5.1.36 as is....

by moving the entire folder mysql5.1.36 into the new version at c:\wamp\bin\mysql\

then start wamp and select that version of mysql

if the dbs dont show up , or they show up but are empty then they are damaged in some way from my experience.

Steven Martin
stevenmartin99@gmail.com

Date: February 24, 2011 09:40PM

Yeah.. I guess they're damaged then.. ah well.. Thanks for your help.

Edit - amazing, I had a copy of the /wamp/ folder on a hard drive that I barely use anymore.. the date of it is from mid December, but atleast all is not lost.. I'm dumping the databases now and am going to keep them somewhere safe.

Again, thanks!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/24/2011 09:58PM by Ticak.

Posted by: zlatan24 (---.pool.fecity.ru)
Date: August 29, 2011 07:55PM

For working out given situation you may use repair sql database. It can work with mdf files up to 16TB. The utility uses modern and clear methods of restoring sql data. The tool starts under all major Windows OS.

Posted by: andrewmorton22 (180.151.9.---)
Date: June 05, 2012 01:01PM

When SQL database corrupts, vital data get lost and important business work stops. To handle such situation, database needs to be recovered by some special methods as manual recovery is not possible in severe database corruption issues. There are several third party SQL recovery tools available that can easily repair SQL database and retrieve the data. One such tool is Kernel for SQL database recovery you can get this tool from [www.sqldatabaserepair.net]

Posted by: assest (116.202.81.---)
Date: January 16, 2014 07:17PM

SQL Database Repair is the best SQL database repair software that comes with plethora of options to recover data from corrupt or damaged SQL databases. The software can repair/recover both the .MDF and .NDF SQL database files. Corruption of damage of the SQL database file can occur due to several reasons, including application malfunction, file header corruption, OS crash, virus infection etc. The smart scan engine of the software is equipped to carry out precise database recovery through non-destructive mechanisms.For more information click [database-recovery.weebly.com]

Posted by: nicholasramirez (---.159.69.182.airtelbroadband.in)
Date: January 30, 2015 07:03AM

Very nice post I really appreciate for this work… But sometime the manual method are quite difficult especially for the non technical user so for them they can use a third party repair tool. They can a use MS SQL Repair Tool to repair and recover the corrupt data base from any sort of corruption issue. Fro more information visit: [www.tools4recovery.com]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/16/2016 11:00AM by nicholasramirez.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.