WAMP gzopen issue
Posted by: Lworth (12.15.215.---)
Date: July 18, 2012 12:03AM

I am very very new to scripting and using WAMP. I am trying to send data from a Data Acquisition Server to another PC on my network. I have setup the PHP script based on a template that was sent to me. I keep getting the following error: Can't open logfile. gzopen($LOGFILE) failed. This comes from the following section of my PHP script:

*/
function ProcessLogFileUpload($REMOTE_ADDR, $SERIALNUMBER, $MODBUSIP, $MODBUSPORT, $MODBUSDEVICE, $LOGFILE,
$MODBUSDEVICENAME, $MODBUSDEVICETYPE, $MODBUSDEVICETYPENUMBER, $MODBUSDEVICECLASS)
{
// check here to verify the modbus device name, type, and class make sense
// locate the correct table name to store the data in the sql table

$nSuccessCount = 0; // set counters to zero.
$nDuplicateCount = 0;
$nRejectCount = 0;

$fd = gzopen($LOGFILE, "r"winking smiley;
if (! $fd)
{ ReportFailure("Can't open logfile. gzopen($LOGFILE) failed.", $REMOTE_ADDR, $SERIALNUMBER, $MODBUSIP, $MODBUSPORT, $MODBUSDEVICE);
exit;
}
else

I was told that it is something in the Apache server that I have to enable to use the gzopen function to decompress the incoming files. Is anyone aware of this? It could be something in my scripting, but I was hoping it was something really simple like enabling gzopen through Apache. Again, I am very new to all of this so please bare with me.

Thank you.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: WAMP gzopen issue
Posted by: RiggsFolly (---.ppp.as43234.net)
Date: July 18, 2012 05:18PM

The gz functions use the zlib extension i believe. As of php 4.3 it is a built in feature and no extensions are required. Pre php 4.3 you have to include the zlib extension.

Are you using an old version of php?

Posted by: Lworth (12.15.215.---)
Date: July 23, 2012 03:27PM

No, I am using version 5.3.

Posted by: RiggsFolly (---.ppp.as43234.net)
Date: July 23, 2012 06:37PM

This may sound silly but can you do an

echo $LOGFILE

before the $fd = gzopen($LOGFILE, 'r' ) ;

Then check that that file actually exists, in the correct folder, read will only work if file is there and can be read.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.