HELP!
Posted by: encadyma (---.socal.res.rr.com)
Date: April 16, 2012 03:37AM

Hi,

I was trying to make this login thing, which obviously needs WAMP. I tried to connect to phpmyadmin and a 404 message was coming from another server which I uninstalled called IIS. I went to localhost and it said Welcome! with other languages which led to Microsoft's IIS server home page. I then noticed that WAMP was offline and I tried to put it online but it said:
Could not execute menu item (internal error) [Exception] Could not perfrom service action: The service has not been started.
I tried to start up WAMP, but nothing seemed to happen.
What is going on?
I need help! and fast!!!!

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 02/03/2015 06:06AM by encadyma.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: HELP!
Posted by: RiggsFolly (---.as13285.net)
Date: April 17, 2012 01:49PM

WAMP Does not need to be online to work.

Putting WAMP Online just make it available to the whole internet, leaviing it offline makes it available only to 127.0.0.1 ( localhost ), a security feature.

If apache is not running and you try to "Put Online" wampmanager.exe has a problem and gives that message.

1. MAKE SURE IIS is either uninstalled or not running. Both IIS and apache will be trying to use the same port i.e. port 80. This will not work only one app can listen to a port. WHich ever one get there first will block the other.

2. If you are not sure that IIS is uninstalled try changing the post apache is listening to.
edit httpd.conf and change Listen 80 to listen 8080 ( for example )
If appache now runs i.e. wampmanager goes GREEN then IIS or something else has already allocated port 80.

3. Is SKYPE running, that also uses port 80 by default. If so search here to find out how to set skype to NOT use port 80.

MORE INFO:
tell us what colour the WAMP icon is ( in the system tray ).

Re: HELP!
Posted by: encadyma (---.socal.res.rr.com)
Date: April 18, 2012 03:45AM

thank you. i fixed it.
btw the tray was orange

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.