Can I use wampserver for all websites?
Posted by: yatong (123.234.173.---)
Date: November 30, 2011 04:48AM

I am trying to install ECSHOP, JOOMLA,WORDPRESS ETC.

Is WAMPSERVER suitable for all these websites?

Your kind suggestion will be very much appreciated.

Thanks,
Yatong

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Can I use wampserver for all websites?
Posted by: yfastud (Moderator)
Date: December 01, 2011 02:36AM

Yes winking smiley

No matter within or outside LAN access, you need to setup Access, DNS, and VH; Access for permission to connect to your Wamp PC, DNS to tie Domain(s) to your Wamp PC, and VH to host multiple Domains/Websites/IP's and even you have only 1 Domain/IP, you should use VH to set it up w/ the site you want to show up first on top and localhost on bottom and others in middle if having more than 1 site; w/ VH, other PC's, no matter w/i or outside LAN, can access/see websites/contents of that particular folder set for that particular VH on your wamp PC. If dont have real Domain, just skip DNS guide

To setup Access, follow this
[blog.jlbn.net]

To setup VH, follow this
[blog.jlbn.net]

To setup DNS, follow this
[blog.jlbn.net]

Have fun,

FREE One A Day
FREE Photo
FREE Games
FREE Websites
FREE Portable GPS
FREE WAMP Guides

Posted by: yatong (112.226.253.---)
Date: December 01, 2011 04:53AM

Hello,
Thanks a lot for the information. Unfortortunately I am using WINDOWS 7 ULTIMATE so the intructions for changing the access port 80 does not follow in the order you presented your tutorials.

There is also one situation,
I installed xampp sever on my Laptop, mysql seemed to be working fine but I was told APACHE not installed because PORT 80 or (SSL) is already in use.

How can I remove this?
How can I configure the port so that more websites can be accommodated on my computer?

I know another server is using the port because if I type localhost.com in the browser I get IIS7. How can I remove this?

Please help me,
Thanks

Posted by: yfastud (Moderator)
Date: December 03, 2011 02:32AM

Thanks a lot for the information. Unfortortunately I am using WINDOWS 7 ULTIMATE so the intructions for changing the access port 80 does not follow in the order you presented your tutorials.
I'm using both Windows 7 and 8 and the instruction is still the same since it has nothing to do with Windows. In other words, I'm using Windows firewall as example and basically you have to setup permission in firewall, no matter it's Windows firewall and third-party firewall winking smiley

Make sure no other program conflict Wamp such as IIS, Microsoft Web Deploy, Web Deployment Agent Service, SQL, Skype, Zonealarm, firewall/antivirus, NOD32, Eset, any web related program including Remote Desktop, Teamviewer or Apache, MySQL, PHP outside wamp folder (ie. in Program Files or System32 folder) ...

IIS and Apache/Wamp are both web server and might conflict in some way, so you have to disable IIS in order for Wamp to work

Disable IIS in Vista/W7:

Control Panel, Uninstall Programs, Turn Widows Features On or Off, uncheck Internet Information Services

Disable IIS in XP:

Control Panel, Add/Remove Programs, Add/Remove Windows Components, uncheck Internet Information Services (IIS)

Restart computer, then restart Wamp

Also, in folder C:\WINDOWS\System32\drivers\etc, open file hosts and delete anything in this file and have only this line below and nothing else

127.0.0.1 localhost

If using Skype, open Skype > Tools > Options > Advanced > Connection then uncheck "use port 80..." restart Wamp then Skype

Have fun,

FREE One A Day
FREE Photo
FREE Games
FREE Websites
FREE Portable GPS
FREE WAMP Guides

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.