Setting up a domain name for the website
Posted by: bigbass1997 (---.dr02.apvy.mn.frontiernet.net)
Date: November 26, 2011 05:51AM

Hello.

I am wondering how I setup a domain name so that people can connect to my website without having to have my IP. I will be using dyndns.org for the domain name for now but how do I set it up so that the domain takes the visitors to the website?

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Setting up a domain name for the website
Posted by: bigbass1997 (---.dr02.apvy.mn.frontiernet.net)
Date: November 26, 2011 07:59AM

nvm i figured it out

Posted by: vasim (77.31.97.---)
Date: November 27, 2011 04:04PM

dear all,

I need to use my project home page for eg : [192.168.1.15] /index.html as www.mypage.com in

all computer i hope you guys are understand i put online mode in wamp server so i can use my project in all

network computers but i cant use my own domain ......

Posted by: yfastud (Moderator)
Date: November 29, 2011 02:17AM

No matter within or outside LAN access, you need to setup Access, DNS, and VH; Access for permission to connect to your Wamp PC, DNS to tie Domain(s) to your Wamp PC, and VH to host multiple Domains/Websites/IP's and even you have only 1 Domain/IP, you should use VH to set it up w/ the site you want to show up first on top and localhost on bottom and others in middle if having more than 1 site; w/ VH, other PC's, no matter w/i or outside LAN, can access and see websites or contents of that particular folder set for that particular VH on your wamp PC. If dont have real Domain, just skip DNS guide

To setup Access, follow this
[blog.jlbn.net]

To setup VH, follow this
[blog.jlbn.net]

To setup DNS, follow this
[blog.jlbn.net]

Have fun,

FREE One A Day
FREE Photo
FREE Games
FREE Websites
FREE Portable GPS
FREE WAMP Guides

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.