Can't start, missing DLL files
Posted by: JamesJ (---.hsd1.wa.comcast.net)
Date: May 27, 2010 02:27AM

I installed wampserver, but when I start it, it says "The program can't start because php_pdo.dll is missing from your computer. Try reinstalling the program to fix this problem." I get that message twice and then the same message again, but with php_mbstring.dll as the missing file. I uninstalled, rebooted, and reinstalled, but still receive the same errors.

Any ideas on how to fix this?

Thanks

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Can't start, missing DLL files
Posted by: stevenmartin99 (---.b-ras2.blp.dublin.eircom.net)
Date: May 27, 2010 02:31AM

try downlaod again.. most likely installer is not right..

or else u have other server/php installed elsewhere and a php.ini is somwhere else on machine

Steven Martin
stevenmartin99@gmail.com
stevenmartin99@hotmail.com
PampServer.com - [pampserver.com]

Date: May 27, 2010 04:20AM

I've tried three different installers and all give the same errors. I don't have any other instances of PHP on this computer, either. It's a fresh install of Win 7. It does have SQL Server 2008 installed and the odbc installed (a requirement for using a MySQL to MS SQL migration tool), but that's it. Very strange.

Date: May 27, 2010 03:54PM

search ur pc for php.ini

is there any not in the wamp folder?

Steven Martin
stevenmartin99@gmail.com

Date: May 27, 2010 05:58PM

No. The only php.ini is in the wamp folder.

I installed it on a different Windows 7 computer that only has a fresh install (no additional software at all) and got it to work, sort of. Sometimes if I click on any menu options, like changing the Apache version or adding a PHP extension, it craps out and gives an error and Apache dies and won't restart. I have to close wamp and restart it to get it to work, and even then it doesn't always start. I get the impression that it's a compatibility issue somewhere with Windows 7.

Date: May 27, 2010 06:31PM

no there isnt but maybe u have somehting open that is using port 80

skype?

Steven Martin
stevenmartin99@gmail.com

Date: May 27, 2010 09:12PM

Nope. Checked that. Nothing on port 80 on either computer. If it was only on one of the computers I might think that it isn't a compatibility issue, but there are problems on both Windows 7 computers and one has nothing else installed other than Windows 7 (without IIS). It has to be a compatibility issue with some part of WAMP.

I'm not going to bother with it any more. I'll just use a LAMP setup.

Date: May 27, 2010 09:47PM

mayeb u need to install it into the c:/public folder depending on how u set up 7's security/firewall

Steven Martin
stevenmartin99@gmail.com

Posted by: yfastud (Moderator)
Date: May 28, 2010 12:05AM

It does have SQL Server 2008 installed and the odbc installed (a requirement for using a MySQL to MS SQL migration tool), but that's it. Very strange.

there are problems on both Windows 7 computers and one has nothing else installed other than Windows 7 (without IIS). It has to be a compatibility issue with some part of WAMP.
your posts are conflicted; anyway, you have that problem might due to db server, SQL Server 2008, you've already had and be honest, I've already installed wamp on hundreds win7 32 and 64 pc w/o any problem, so it must be something on your pc, either you're not admin w/ full privilege or some softs/firewall/antivirus block wamp to work properly

Have fun,

FREE One A Day
FREE Photo
FREE Games
FREE Websites
FREE Portable GPS
FREE WAMP Guides

Posted by: blakej (---.static.spbg.sc.charter.com)
Date: September 10, 2010 09:29PM

In case someone else encounters this...I received the same error. Had to stop the service for SQL Server 2008 to eliminate the error, then could not start Apache. Port tester revealed that IIS was using port 80, so stopped that service and now everything seems to be purring along. Thanks to all responders...you may not have helped JamesJ, but you did help me.

Posted by: chris_blevins (---.adsl.catt.com)
Date: November 28, 2011 05:15PM

Well I got the exact same thing but I already had PHP installed so I think it was pointing to the folder that I had it installed already.

So what I did was uninstall Wampserver and PHP and then let WAMP install it where it liked and it worked fine after that.

Hope that helps

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.