WampServer does not start - log file anywhere?
Posted by: siliconvus (---.superkabel.de)
Date: October 05, 2011 11:40AM

Hi,

I have been using WampServer for a while, and it's been working flawlessly. Today, however, I just cannot get WampServer to start.

I checked the Apache error_log and MySQL log, but there is not entry at all about the failed start.

Is there any log file I can check to see what's wrong?

Thank you,

siliconvus

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: WampServer does not start - log file anywhere?
Posted by: stevenmartin99 (---.251.255.15.threembb.ie)
Date: October 05, 2011 12:35PM

If it can't log, the it's not an error but something else using port 80 or a firewall issue

Steven Martin
stevenmartin99@gmail.com
stevenmartin99@hotmail.com
PampServer.com - [pampserver.com]

Posted by: yfastud (Moderator)
Date: October 08, 2011 04:26PM

Most likely Firewall/Antivirus auto update blocks Wamp; also, might be some other auto install apps conflict wamp so make sure no other program conflict wamp such as Xampp, phpEasy, IIS, Skype, Zonealarm, firewall/antivirus, NOD32, Eset, any web and/or Remote Desktop related program, such as Teamviewer ...

IIS and Apache/Wamp are both web server and might conflict in some way, so you have to disable IIS in order for Wamp to work

Disable IIS in Vista/W7:

Control Panel, Uninstall Programs, Turn Widows Features On or Off, uncheck Internet Information Services

Disable IIS in XP:

Control Panel, Add/Remove Programs, Add/Remove Windows Components, uncheck Internet Information Services (IIS)

Restart computer, then restart Wamp

Also, in folder C:\WINDOWS\System32\drivers\etc, open file hosts and delete anything in this file and have only this line below and nothing else

127.0.0.1 localhost

If using Skype, go to Tools->Options->Advanced->Connection and uncheck the box "Use 80 and 443 as alternatives for incoming connections". Restart Skype after WAMP. Now you will be able to use both programs at the same time w/o problems.

Have fun,

FREE One A Day
FREE Photo
FREE Games
FREE Websites
FREE Portable GPS
FREE WAMP Guides

Posted by: User798 (---.hsd1.ga.comcast.net)
Date: October 15, 2011 05:21AM

An issue I found was that I had installed Apache a while back and it apparently did not remove itself correctly. I noticed this by when I tested port 80 it told me Apache was using it. You may need to check for pieces of applications such as Apache or IIS or any other port 80 using application that you may have removed that are holding port 80 due to a failed uninstall. In windows you can check port 80 by using this command:

NetStat -o -a -p tcp

Which will bring up something along the lines of this:

Proto Local Address Foreign Address State PID
TCP 0.0.0.0:80 UserPC:0 Listening 8437
plus many more...

Then to see what app is using that port:

TaskList /FI "PID eq 8437" /FO LIST /V

Which will return the following

Image Name: httpd.exe
PID: 8437
Session Name: Services
Session#: 0
Mem Usage: 13,552 K
User Name: NT Authority\System
CPU Time: 0:24:44
Window Title: N/A

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.