How to connect my WAMP to several Domain names?
Posted by: moromir (---.ias.bredband.telia.com)
Date: September 26, 2011 02:08AM

Hello!

I have bought 3 domain names that I'm going to use for 3 different blogs, for me and 2 friends. The site I bought the domain names on offers DNS rendering so you can just enter a IP adress for the domain name to redirect to your server.

I have come so far that I opened the ports and putt my site online (works accessing) so that I can access it from [myipadress].

Now my question is how can I make each domain get redirected to it's folder on the server, ie: www.blog1.com - wamp\www\blog1? Appereantly you're not allowed to redirect to "/page", you can only use the IP adress.

I would really appreciate some help from someone experienced!

Edited 6 time(s). Last edit at 09/26/2011 02:36AM by moromir.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: How to connect my WAMP to several Domain names?
Posted by: yfastud (Moderator)
Date: September 26, 2011 04:57AM

No matter within or outside LAN access, you need to setup Access, DNS, and VH; Access for permission to connect to your Wamp PC, DNS to tie Domain(s) to your Wamp PC, and VH to host multiple Domains/Websites/IP's and even you have only 1 Domain/IP, you should use VH to set it up w/ the site you want to show up first on top and localhost on bottom and others in middle if having more than 1 site; w/ VH, other PC's, no matter w/i or outside LAN, can access/see websites/contents of that particular folder set for that particular VH on your wamp PC. If dont have real Domain, just skip DNS guide

To setup Access, follow this
[blog.jlbn.net]

To setup VH, follow this
[blog.jlbn.net]

To setup DNS, follow this
[blog.jlbn.net]

Have fun,

FREE One A Day
FREE Photo
FREE Games
FREE Websites
FREE Portable GPS
FREE WAMP Guides

Date: September 26, 2011 05:10AM

Thank you for your reply, I will follow your guides and reply how it goes.

I suppose I can skip the "access guide" if I have port forwarded in my router and I can access my server online from my external IP?

One question though, I just looked through DNS guide real quick and I saw that you are using zoneedit etc. Is this really neccesary? I have 3 domains that I bought from a site that offers DNS configuration (to redirect the domain to a IP etc).

Let me get this straight. When I connect the domain to my WAMP PC (IP in DNS settings), the Virtualhost task is to connect the domain to the correct folder?

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 09/26/2011 05:19AM by moromir.

Posted by: yfastud (Moderator)
Date: September 27, 2011 12:48AM

I suppose I can skip the "access guide" if I have port forwarded in my router and I can access my server online from my external IP?
Port forward is only 1 part of the Access guide so recommend to look through it to make sure you've got of them setup properly

One question though, I just looked through DNS guide real quick and I saw that you are using zoneedit etc. Is this really neccesary? I have 3 domains that I bought from a site that offers DNS configuration (to redirect the domain to a IP etc).
No, I'm using as example so people can get the idea how to set it up, so just go to your DNS configuration to setup similar for all 3 domains

Let me get this straight. When I connect the domain to my WAMP PC (IP in DNS settings), the Virtualhost task is to connect the domain to the correct folder?
Yep, when people typing 'http://yourdomain1.com' they will see the content of c:/wamp/www/yourdomain1 folder; similar, 'http://yourdomain2.com' will show the content of c:/wamp/www/yourdomain2 folder and 'http://yourdomain3.com' will get access to the content of c:/wamp/www/yourdomain3 folder

Have fun,

FREE One A Day
FREE Photo
FREE Games
FREE Websites
FREE Portable GPS
FREE WAMP Guides

Date: September 29, 2011 08:34PM

Thank you very much its working perfectly! You're awesome yfastud!

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.