Could not start the wampmysqld service on Local Computer
Posted by: roula (77.44.210.---)
Date: April 20, 2011 10:44AM

please help me with this, i recently uninstalled appserv and installed wampserver 2.1 on windows xp sp3. the icon is orange and i checked the services and found that wampmysqld is not started. when i click start it gives the error (Could not start the wampmysqld service on Local Computer. Error 1067: The process terminated unexpectedly.)

i uninstalled and cleaned the folders and registry items and re-installed but the problem is still there.

i checked port 3306 (run > cmd > netstat -a -n) but didn't find it listed there so i think this means its free?

i also want to mention that when i had appserv the username and password were different than "root" and no password, i was using a password and using a different username. so i don't know if this can be the issue. i opened my.ini and uncommented the password line and put the old pass and restarted wamp but still didn't work, and i didn't know how to change "root" to the old username. i don't know if the old username and password are still applied or they're gone when i uninstalled appserv..

pls help!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/20/2011 10:47AM by roula.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Could not start the wampmysqld service on Local Computer
Posted by: stevenmartin99 (---.251.255.12.threembb.ie)
Date: April 20, 2011 02:41PM

Use netstat to see if something us using port 3306

And search pc for my.ini and delete any that are not in the c:/wamp folder

Steven Martin
stevenmartin99@gmail.com
stevenmartin99@hotmail.com
PampServer.com - [pampserver.com]

Re: Could not start the wampmysqld service on Local Computer
Posted by: roula (77.44.210.---)
Date: April 20, 2011 08:07PM

Hi Steven,

Thanks a lot, it was the my.ini in windows folder i deleted it and it's all working fine now.. ur the best smiling smiley

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.