error on database
Posted by: flexylewis (62.173.50.---)
Date: April 26, 2010 01:33PM

i installed ams recently and i uninstalled it only to try use myinstall joomla on my data WAMPSERVER and it showing this error "Could not connect to the database. Connector returned number: Unable to connect to the database:Could not connect to MySQL " please somebody asist.
thanks

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: error on database
Posted by: showstopper (---.rev.greendottt.net)
Date: April 26, 2010 03:28PM

Did u change your details for your mysql server like the username,password and host

Fitcom - Technology and SEO with a side of awesome

Installing and Configuring a WAMP Server in Windows 7 & 8

Posted by: yfastud (Moderator)
Date: April 27, 2010 02:53AM

Date: April 27, 2010 11:42AM

i didn't uninstall wampserver, what i did was. i was using wampserver and joomla for my learning and during the process i got an ams software i downloaded and wanted to try see how it work, and when i try to install another joomla on a database it didn't work, i can create database yes and i will install joomla to that point i will want to install the database it will then bring that error page that "Could not connect to the database. Connector returned number: Unable to connect to the database:Could not connect to MySQL "

Posted by: showstopper (---.rev.greendottt.net)
Date: April 27, 2010 07:35PM

Date: April 28, 2010 12:55PM

i unzip the in a folder in www directory, which will appear and i was setting it up on the localhost and when i get to where i am suppse to put the database name i went and creat a database and trying to link it at the joomla installation end it give me that error but every other site i have on wampserver work fine i can still edith and work with those ones but i can create a database but it won't link with the joomla installation end.

Date: April 28, 2010 11:29PM

Date: April 29, 2010 12:21PM

i know how to install joomla and i have read through the blog you sent to me it's showing the same thing i think the joomla installation is unable to joomla installation the "output buffering" was on is that suppose to be that way? this thing work fine the online problem is it ca't merge joomla into the created database meaning they are not communicating.

Date: April 30, 2010 03:15AM

did you create db account as instructed in the guide???

Have fun,

FREE One A Day
FREE Photo
FREE Games
FREE Websites
FREE Portable GPS
FREE WAMP Guides

Date: April 30, 2010 04:30PM

yes i did creat a db account as instructed in the guid

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.