WAMP not seeing Paypal Sandbox IPN messages
Posted by: arnb (---.dyn.optonline.net)
Date: March 08, 2010 02:15AM

Need help getting Paypal Sandbox Instant Payment Notification messages to process with WAMP. They work if they are processed on my web host with a rudimentary script, however I want to develop my code with my WAMP test system.

The configuration:
Router DLNK DIR-625 attached to cable modem, OS Windows 7 Home Premium(all updates) running Wamp 2.2.11, with PHP version 5.3.1

In the router I have opened an forwarded Port 80 to my local Machine running WAMP with an allow filter for the Paypal Sandbox IP 216.113.191.33 only, other Ip addresses are blocked for unsolicited messages

Prior to activating Port Fowarding with the filter, the DLNK Log showed the requests being blocked. Now there are no longer any blocking errors in the log from 216.113.191.33, but the Apache log shows no access from Paypal (or any other outside IP's) and all IPN transactions show as failed in the Paypal history log

Wamp is running in Online Mode

Paypal Sandbox IPN process address is set to nnn.nnn.nnn.nnn/xxx/paypal/ipn_pcs.php
where nnn.nnn.nnn.nnn is the address of the router's WAN IP address with my ISP.
where xxx is the application directory in the www directory. Changing nnn.nnn.nnn.nnn to Localhost fires off the script without errors.

Thank you for reading this message and for any suggestions you may have.

Arn

Options: ReplyQuote

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.