"Upgrade" wamp5 to wamserver2
Posted by: aligator27 (---.telepac.pt)
Date: August 13, 2009 04:44PM

hi everyone, greats from Portugal....

I have wamp5 running on windows with a joomla site and i want upgrade it to wampserver2.

i know that i have to uninstall wamp5 and save my data but i don't understand witch and how i save it to restore later in wampserver 2.

anyone could indicate the procedures to do that or some links with this information in particular.

my best regards and sorry about my english....

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: "Upgrade" wamp5 to wamserver2
Posted by: c2dan (---.15-1.cable.virginmedia.com)
Date: August 13, 2009 05:42PM

What you will want to do is to move your www folder to your desktop.

You'll now need to go to phpyadmin. Go to the Export tab and choose your joomla database (and any other databases you want to keep) from the list of databases.

Scroll to the bottom of the page. Select Save as file checkbox. Now click the Go button. Save the .sql file to your desktop.

Thats it everything is now backed up. Shutdown wamp and uninstall WAMP5. Delete all files left over in C:/WAMP.

You'll now want to download WAMP2.0h (2.0i wont be compatible with Joomla). Download 2.0h from here:
[sourceforge.net]

Install 2.0h. Once installed move your www folder from your desktop to C:/wamp. Overwriting the existing www folder.

Now to import your databases. Go to phpmyadmin and select the import tab. Choose the .sql file that you saved to your desktop and click Go button. Your databases will now be restored.

Re: "Upgrade" wamp5 to wamserver2
Posted by: toumimi (---.49.140-88.rev.gaoland.net)
Date: August 13, 2009 05:55PM

Maybe he got installed apps (like phpmyadmin) or defined aliases he wants to keep,
or maybe bin conf files (like httpd.conf, php.ini or my.ini) to synchronize with new installation (can be useful)...

Florian

WampServer Patch (Screenshots)
Topic EN : www.wampserver.com
Topic FR : www.wampserver.com

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.