SQL and Drupal
Posted by: hedera (---.pvpn.iad.witopia.net)
Date: October 13, 2008 06:03AM

I have Wampserver 2.0 installed on a Vista Home Premium laptop, and I want to put up a Drupal installation. I need to create a database, with a userid and password, before I run the Drupal installer. I've figured out how to bring up SQLiteManager and I think I know how to create the database - but what do I do about the userid and password?? I don't see that anywhere in the my.ini file and and I can't find it on the SQLiteManager help pages. I tried bringing up the SQL console and the first thing it wants is a password. I didn't do anything during Wampserver setup to give it a password, that I recall. Can anyone help here? How do I set a password?

hedera
=======
Nature bats last.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: SQL and Drupal
Posted by: toivo (---.nsw.bigpond.net.au)
Date: October 13, 2008 10:55AM

Hi,

If you check the minimum requirements for Drupal from [drupal.org], SQLite is not mentioned. You may as well use MySQL then. There is plenty of information in this forum if you search from phpMyAdmin or MySQL. You need to click the line that asks you to click it to see the results.

Regards,

toivo
Sydney, Australia

Posted by: yfastud (Moderator)
Date: October 13, 2008 01:08PM

Posted by: hedera (---.snfccasy.dynamic.covad.net)
Date: October 13, 2008 07:23PM

Thank you both for the suggestions, and especially for the link to the guides. I'm learning something every day here.

hedera
=======
Nature bats last.

Posted by: yfastud (Moderator)
Date: October 14, 2008 12:25AM

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.