Help. Resoring database from first wamp install
Posted by: tommyboy180 (---.oasis.mediatti.net)
Date: March 21, 2008 10:26AM

I just upgraded to the newest version of wamp. I exported all my databases via phpmyadmin

now when I restore my database I get an access denied to information_schema. How can I over write this. I need help. My database will only restore small parts not whole.

Is there a way to remove information_schema out of the exported database .sql file.

Please help. I am freaking out since I host my friends blogs and forums. Thank you ahead of time.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Help. Resoring database from first wamp install
Date: March 21, 2008 12:04PM

I cant do anything. I have taken out information_schema out of the sql backup in an attempt to restore a functional database. The databases are restored, but are incomplete. There are columns that need to be put into information_schema in order for my forums and blogs to work. Nothing! Please help. I am at whits end.

Date: March 21, 2008 01:29PM

Okay. I have some questions. I was able to restore the data base by editing the .sql file. I removed anything to do with the database information_schema and the database mysql. After doing this I was able to restore everything with WAMP2a. I cannot get it working under WAMP2b. Why is this? How can I update to WAMP2b without loosing my database.
I have tried it, it just doesn't work. Any help. And thank you. My crisis is over for now.

Posted by: hambuler (---.cpe.net.cable.rogers.com)
Date: March 21, 2008 04:07PM

Check my post at: [forum.wampserver.com] about mysql export and import at step 4.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.