Pages: Previous1234Next
Current Page: 3 of 4
Re: Error: #1045 - Access denied for user 'root'@'localhost' (using password: NO)
Posted by: TrevorWeaver (78.147.23.---)
Date: June 01, 2011 11:51AM

Alas, I have the same problem.....I have followed the thread thru but nothing seems to work for me. Just get more confused all he time. I must be on my seventh install of Wampserver now.

I did not give any passwords when I installed Wampserver so what is the password problem?

Anybody help a newbie to all this complexity in simeple language that I may understand.

many thanks for your patience.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Error: #1045 - Access denied for user 'root'@'localhost' (using password: NO)
Posted by: stevenmartin99 (---.21-151.libero.it)
Date: June 01, 2011 01:57PM

Stop installing it over and over with out doing something different

Your not following what was said

UNINSTALL WAMP

COMPLETLY DELETE THE WAMP FOLDER

INSTALL WAMP

Steven Martin
stevenmartin99@gmail.com
stevenmartin99@hotmail.com
PampServer.com - [pampserver.com]

Posted by: TrevorWeaver (2.97.71.---)
Date: June 03, 2011 11:22AM

Hi Steven

Yes you are right....I didnt clean out the registry.....that was the problem.

Many thanks for even responding to a newbie idiot like me.....much appreciated.....but on the plus side I am 69 years old.....

Regards
Trevor

Posted by: stevenmartin99 (---.21-151.libero.it)
Date: June 03, 2011 11:33AM

No problem, Trevor. It's just that getting stuck on the same step leads nowhere..
if you need any more help just ask, i'll try be more friendly next time, sorrysmiling smiley

Steven Martin
stevenmartin99@gmail.com
stevenmartin99@hotmail.com
PampServer.com - [pampserver.com]

Posted by: rabbyweb (---.ip.primehome.com)
Date: June 03, 2011 12:14PM

I was also too confuse for all instruction. just i Shared what i did to solve this problem.
I like to say you agin try to set your mysql password.

Just u make uninstall Wapm and Delete the Directory folder then make new install.

check it again on your web browser, it's same or not. if same, protect your mysql with password. for New install u doesn't have any password. Now you need to flow page 2 at end instruction.

I don't say this is the way to do that. but whatever i did just I'm sharing with you.

But please clean your Browser History,Cache, Cookies before you browse phpmyadmin
rabby@inbox.com

Posted by: nwdigicom (---.gci.net)
Date: December 19, 2011 12:23AM

RABBYWEB Dude you Rock! As I have been trying all the fixes for hours and this simple one did it.

Posted by: learnphp (---.dsl.irvnca.pacbell.net)
Date: February 02, 2012 02:53AM

Thank you rabbyweb! I followed your step that is to left click on Wamp and Mysql and mysql console and typed in my password which I had set in mysql.

Posted by: root_b (111.92.79.---)
Date: February 19, 2012 06:36AM

MySQL said:

#1045 - Access denied for user 'root'@'localhost' (using password: YES)
phpMyAdmin tried to connect to the MySQL server, and the server rejected the connection. You should check the host, username and password in your configuration and make sure that they correspond to the information given by the administrator of the MySQL server.

i can't access ma php myadmin...... any solution?????????????

Posted by: TomWilliams (---.om.om.cox.net)
Date: February 29, 2012 01:40AM

Now that I have followed this to the end I too now get the message-

I guess I need to figure out how to clean out my registry and start agian.

What a nightmare.

Posted by: lochae (---.207.17.22.accesskenya.com)
Date: March 01, 2012 07:54AM

i have the same error

i deleted the root user credentials by mistake, how do i rectify this????

i have tried uninstalling and then reinstalling wamp2.2 with no success

kindly HELP

Posted by: FeaR_Codyy (---.hr.hr.cox.net)
Date: March 06, 2012 05:05AM

Hello, I just downloaded WAMP server and I was watching a tut on Youtube. He told me to select both roots and edit privileges and it wont let me change my password after I selected any of the roots. It keeps saying Password is empty everytime I try it.

Cant change Root passwords.
Posted by: FeaR_Codyy (---.hr.hr.cox.net)
Date: March 06, 2012 05:08AM

Hello, I just downloaded WAMP server and I was watching a tut on Youtube. He told me to select both roots and edit privileges and it wont let me change my password after I selected any of the roots. It keeps saying Password is empty everytime I try it.

Posted by: ce7 (---.rdl800.qld.optusnet.com.au)
Date: March 07, 2012 06:18AM

yfastud Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Check Setup Password on my personal websites

hi YF,

I had tried follow every means you mentioned, even uninstall and delete the registery, but it just keep pop up #1045 - Access denied for user 'root'@'localhost' (using password: NO)

but when I login through SQL Buddy, the root and password works!

will it help if I show you phpinfo and you can help me to resolve this problem?

I just can not access to phpMyAdmin and it is so frustrated cause I stuck here all day long already!

Many thanks in advance.

Posted by: peacepanda3 (203.82.250.---)
Date: March 07, 2012 09:13AM

yfastud,
You say follow step 6 from your personal website.But I dont find a link to the site.I have recently installed the WAMP server and have been facing the same issue mentioned here.Dont know where to go from here.Please let me know.

Thanks,
Ajit

Posted by: jebediah (---.customer.t3.se)
Date: March 07, 2012 03:58PM

Same problem over here. But it's only Firefox that dont work. If i change the browser to IE the old password works again.

Posted by: yfastud (Moderator)
Date: March 09, 2012 01:39AM

Download ResetMySQL here
[downloads.jlbn.net]

You should setup Backup right after setup Wamp successful, so you can go back if something wrong later
To setup Backup, follow this
[blog.jlbn.net]

To setup Password, follow this
[blog.jlbn.net]

Have fun,

FREE One A Day
FREE Photo
FREE Games
FREE Websites
FREE Portable GPS
FREE WAMP Guides

Posted by: jebediah (---.customer.t3.se)
Date: March 09, 2012 02:29AM

EDIT: Sorry, my bad.
Thanks for the guides, but you should update them. Especially the backup part smiling smiley

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 03/09/2012 02:33AM by jebediah.

Posted by: aannsshhuu (155.69.2.---)
Date: March 23, 2012 08:14PM

lcshorter Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I ran into this issue and the solution was
> appallingly simple...my browser was caching the
> #1045 error page. After I added a password for
> 'root' using the phpMyAdmin 'Privileges' tab, I
> also edited the config.inc.php file to use this
> password. These are the proscribed steps for
> securing the 'root' login for mySQL, so I thought
> I was done, but I consistently continued to get
> the #1045 error.
>
> It occurred to me to try ctl-F5 to force the
> browser to resend the request to the server. Lo
> and behold, it worked!
>
> Hope this simple answer helps someone else. I at
> least wanted to get it on the record, as searching
> the haystack of forums for a needle is no fun.

Thanx a lot for this! I have been trying to debug this error since hours and your solution worked for me! After the countless tries I am really happy! Thank you!

Posted by: sarkerazad (---.196.118.15.threembb.co.uk)
Date: April 21, 2012 04:36PM

Hi Mate,

Could you please help me. I am trying to run "Wordpress" under WAMP environment. But it shows the Error:# 1045 Access denied for user 'root'@'localhost' ( using password:No) Phpmyadmin. I have tried to fixed the code " $cfg['Servers'][$i]['password'] = 'TakeOutAnythingInThisSingleQuote'; // MySQL password to C:/wamp/apps/phpmyadmin3.4.10.1 at config.inc.php file, but is not opening and it couldn't be able to put the code and fully stuck!!

Could you please help me. I would be very grateful to you.

my skypeID:azadsarker

E-mail: azad@sarkerazad.com

regard
Azad

Posted by: anujoshi (117.195.56.---)
Date: May 16, 2013 01:04PM

Previously I am getting following error when I am trying to using wamp - phpmyadmin

#1045 - Access denied for user 'root'@'localhost' (using password: NO)

Now I have made changes in config.inc.php file

$cfg['Servers'][$i]['password'] = 'passoword here';

now just the error has been changed to

can anybody please tell me what is the excatly issue?

Pages: Previous1234Next
Current Page: 3 of 4

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.