php_exif problem
Posted by: wanda.movimenta (---.dsl.telesp.net.br)
Date: November 09, 2007 10:45PM

Hi

I can't use exif functions because it seems php didn't load this extension. I've already checked my php.ini and it's all right. But when I try to use, for example, exif_thumbnail I get no results.
Informations from "localhost"
Apache version :
Apache/2.2.4 (Win32)

PHP version :

Loaded extensions :
bcmath, calendar, com_dotnet, ctype, session, filter, ftp, hash, iconv, json, odbc, pcre, Reflection, date, libxml, standard, tokenizer, zlib, SimpleXML, dom, SPL, wddx, xml, xmlreader, xmlwriter, apache2handler, gd, mbstring, mysql, mysqli, PDO, pdo_mysql, pdo_sqlite, SQLite, SPL_Types, uploadprogress

Everything else works fine.

I'm working with Windows Vista Ultimate.

Can somebody help me?

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: php_exif problem
Posted by: toivo (203.19.130.---)
Date: November 09, 2007 11:08PM

Hi,

If you have uncommented the entry in php.ini:

;extension=php_exif.dll

and looked at the [exif] section of the same file, plus restarted apache. you should at least see the following in the phpinfo listing:

EXIF Support enabled
EXIF Version 1.4 $Id: exif.c,v 1.173.2.5.2.19 2007/02/27 03:04:40 iliaa Exp $
Supported EXIF Version 0220
Supported filetypes JPEG,TIFF

Make sure you modify the right php.ini file which resides in c:\wamp\apache2\bin.

Regards,

toivo
Sydney, Australia

Posted by: fotobleu (---.hsd1.wa.comcast.net)
Date: December 06, 2007 10:23AM

hi i have the same problem, i checked both php files the one in the apache folder, and in the php folder, both lines are uncommented, it looks checked in the extension menu from the status bar too, im running windows xp, with the latest installation, it was working fine in wamp 5, any ideas on what to check?

Posted by: fotobleu (---.hsd1.mn.comcast.net)
Date: December 06, 2007 10:34AM

here is the error i get in the php error log, i checked the folder the extension is there and the path is correct

[06-Dec-2007 01:13:46] PHP Warning: PHP Startup: Unable to load dynamic library 'c:/wamp/bin/php/php5.2.5/ext/php_exif.dll' - The specified module could not be found.

in Unknown on line 0

Posted by: fotobleu (---.hsd1.mn.comcast.net)
Date: December 06, 2007 12:22PM

ok i fixed it, the problem was that php.ini has to have the php_mbstring.dll extention load line before the exif one, i found this advice here [us3.php.net]

"Windows users must enable both the php_mbstring.dll and php_exif.dll DLL's in php.ini. The php_mbstring.dll DLL must be loaded before the php_exif.dll DLL so adjust your php.ini accordingly."

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.