phpmyadmin gives 403 error
Posted by: rabidjade (---.om.om.cox.net)
Date: March 03, 2007 07:47AM

I'm trying to migrate my server to another box. Both boxes have Windows 2000 Server and the first box has WAMP5 1.6.6 and the new box has 1.7.0. Got the new box setup and installed WAMP5 fine. I migrated my web sites over, added the virtual host lines to the httpd.conf file and saw the web sites in localhost. I went to move over a database and found phpmyadmin would not load, came up with a 403/forbiden error. I tried SQLlite with the same results. I tried moving the phpmyadmin folder to the www/website folder with the same result. I never had this problem and don't see where the folder could be locked so I can't access it. I had almost the same configuration on my old server and never ran into this problem. At this moment I am stuck since I can't access phpmyadmin. The new server is a fresh install with the updates. Any ideas?

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: phpmyadmin gives 403 error
Posted by: CyberSpatium (71.237.217.---)
Date: March 03, 2007 01:45PM

Q: I went to move over a database and found phpmyadmin would not load
A: you can not just copy and paste the contents of your mysql folder and expect them to work. to move your database(2) to a new server you will need to use phpmyadmin to dump your database. then you use phpmyadmin from your new server to import the database.

[dev.mysql.com]

CyberSpatium
--------------------------------------------
Wamp English Forum Admin

Re: phpmyadmin gives 403 error
Posted by: rabidjade (---.om.om.cox.net)
Date: March 03, 2007 07:47PM

I am aware that you can't just move databases around. I was trying to use phpmyadmin to dump and reload the database on the new server. The key thing in my post is phpmyadmin will not load for me.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.