phpmyAdmin issue
Posted by: mikeo (---.187-72.tampabay.res.rr.com)
Date: February 08, 2007 04:00AM

i'm running wamp on a windows small business server. despite my IT installer's warnings, everything installed fine and its been running without a hitch for a month. i run it on port 8080 so it doesn't interfere with the IIS. if i make money, i'll probably make a contribution, since wamp has worked so well. here's my problem:

today i tried to open phpmyadmin and apache couldn't find it. actually, i was going to use phpmyadmin to backup a sql database, but couldn't get it to load. instead, i backedup files to a usb hard drive -- i just settled for copying the entire wamp folder. in frustration, i downloaded a new phpmyadmin into the wamp directory with a port 8081. oddly, the sbs log gives no record of this, but i still wonder . . .

previously i accessed by using localhost:8080/phpmyadmin. but now it doesn't work. suggestions please. how do i change the port for phpmyadmin or is it just a program that belongs properly in the root directly for apache to find it and run. thanks.

mike

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: phpmyAdmin issue
Posted by: CyberSpatium (71.237.217.---)
Date: February 08, 2007 12:44PM

when you access localhost:8080/phpmyadmin what error are you getting?

CyberSpatium
WAMP English Forum Admin
--------------------------------------

like my free support? help support me by checking out my new Newbie Webmaster Development Forum dedicated to the newbie webmaster here:
www.WebDevNewbie.com

Date: February 09, 2007 01:12AM

i'm running it on a sbs which uses the default port 80. the phpmyadmin was running fine until just yesterday.

is there a way to use phpmyadmin from the root directory so that apache looks for it there?

wondering how apache finds phpmyadmin if it isn't in the root directory.

also, i changed the port to listen on 8080 and the server and other software are operating just fine.

thanks,

mike

Date: February 09, 2007 04:33AM

the error message is an apache error, file not found.

question: how does apache know to find the phpmyadmin file in the phpmyadmin folder? why isn't this in the www root directory to be found by apache?

thanks.

Posted by: TwistedChaos (---.rochester.res.rr.com)
Date: February 09, 2007 06:25AM

try using

[localhost]

notice the trailing slash

that is mandatory for an alias to work properly!

give it a shot and let me know what happens...

A Massive Heart Attack = Computer Crash sad smiley

I am a member of CAF -> Computer Addicts Forever smiling smiley

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.