problems accessing pages...
Posted by: xenny (---.brenham.tx.cebridge.net)
Date: February 02, 2007 06:44AM

so I can get to the basic main directory fine, it is when I try to access a sub directory it keeps on replacing my url (www.empiredkp.mine.nu/current_install/) with another (http://[www.:.com]/current_install) and it wont open...I do use redirection to acess my webpages via this system could that be the cause of this? if it is a flaw (or something I didnt config right) in the system itself could someone point it out to me? thanks

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: problems accessing pages...
Posted by: CyberSpatium (71.237.217.---)
Date: February 02, 2007 05:51PM

what kind of redirect do you use? if you use rewrite in your .htaccess file, you need to make sure you enable mod_rewrite support for apache.

If you have WAMP installed the easy way to do this is to use them tray icon. Make sure there is an arrow next to:
Apache Modules -> rewrite_module

if there is not an arrow next to it, then click on rewrite_module to enable it. WAMP will automatically restart Apache to make the new settings take effect.

if you do not have WAMPyou will need to edit your httpd.conf file your self. it is located here:
Apache/conf/httpd.conf

open the file and find:
LoadModule rewrite_module modules/mod_rewrite.so

if the is a hash ( # ) in front of the LoadModule part, remove it. now save the file and restart Apache for your new setting to take effect.

CyberSpatium
WAMP English Forum Admin
--------------------------------------

like my free support, help support me by checking out my website here:
www.AnyRingTone.net

Posted by: yfastud (72.236.169.---)
Date: February 02, 2007 05:56PM

Hey CyberSpatium,
Long time no see. How you doing?

Date: February 02, 2007 09:03PM

well, I found some killer domain names on ebay and bought a bunch of them. most where undeveloped websites so I have been working my butt off lately getting the websites developed and up and running. I bought a bunch of .mobi domains so I have mostly been working on mobile web sites. I just got a new ringtone website up

[anyringtone.net]

if you do not own any .mobi domains, I highly recommend you get some. as more and more people get mobile phones with internet access, .mobi domains will just keep going up in value. .mobi domains have become some high dollar domains now.

[en.wikipedia.org]
[pc.mtld.mobi]

CyberSpatium
WAMP English Forum Admin

like my free support, help support me by checking out my website here:
www.AnyRingTone.net

Posted by: yfastud (72.236.169.---)
Date: February 06, 2007 01:23PM

Hey Cyberspatium

Thanks for a very good tip. Please, send me an email and tell me what I should do after getting a .mobi domain.

Thanks a million

Date: February 06, 2007 09:25PM

start developing mobile sites. you need to know WAP to develop mobile content sites.

[en.wikipedia.org]

CyberSpatium
WAMP English Forum Admin

like my free support? help support me by checking out my new Newbie Webmaster Development Forum dedicated to the newbie webmaster here:
www.WebDevNewbie.com

Posted by: yfastud (---.cable.mindspring.com)
Date: February 09, 2007 01:04AM

Thanks. I will definitely check it out.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.