hosting a killboard
Posted by: timeless (---.cable.ubr10.edin.blueyonder.co.uk)
Date: November 01, 2006 11:27PM

i am hosting my own website for Eve-Online... and i need a killboard, but cant follow the installation instructions as im using wamp...

this is installation instructions, can any1 help?

Quick setup:

- Setup a mysql database
- Run sql/install.sql on that database (Use trimmed_install.sql if you don't want to import the original DB that was populated with pilots, corps, and alliances)
- Extract archive to your webserver's rootdirectory
- Set permissions so that the user your webserver runs under is allowed to create files in cache/map and cache/portraits.
- Enable URL file access in your PHP configuration
- Edit config.php:

o KB_HOST should be set to the FQDN your killboard is at, e.g. kb.mycorp.com
o Leave KB_SITE as it is
o CORP_ID or ALLIANCE_ID should be set to the ID of your corp or alliance.
You can lookup the id in the database tables kb3_corps (crp_id) or
kb3_alliances (all_id). If it's not there yet, just add a new entry in the table and use that id instead. Make sure you set one of the two to 0.
o KB_CACHE can be set to 1 to enable page caching. You probably won't need this for a single hosted killboard. If you do use it, make sure the directory used to store the cached pages in is outside your webroot.
o STYLE_URL, COMMON_URL, IMG_URL need to be set correctly. E.g. [kb.mycorp.com], or [style.mycorpkillboard.com]. This goes for the other 2 as well.
o Database credentials go into the DB_HOST, DB_NAME, DB_USER, DB_PASS variables.

- Remove the sql/ directory from your webroot.
- Have fun winking smiley

anything is appreciated

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: hosting a killboard
Posted by: CyberSpatium (71.237.217.---)
Date: November 02, 2006 11:59PM

Q.> Setup a mysql database
A.> start both apache and mysql, open up phpmyadmin and create a new database

Q.> Run sql/install.sql on that database (Use trimmed_install.sql if you don't want to import the original DB that was populated with pilots, corps, and alliances)
A.> click on the sql tab in phpmyadmin and folow the import instructions to import your .sql file

Q.> Extract archive to your webserver's rootdirectory
A.> c:\wamp\www

Q.> Set permissions so that the user your webserver runs under is allowed to create files in cache/map and cache/portraits.
A.> ignore this step, windows does not use file permissions

Q.> Enable URL file access in your PHP configuration
A.> note quite sure what they mean by url file access, but i assume they mean that your killboard config file should be in your webroot directory (c:\wamp\www).

Q.> Edit config.php:
A.> edit your config file.

CyberSpatium
WAMP English Forum Admin

Re: hosting a killboard
Posted by: HeliX (---.254.86.1.manx.net)
Date: November 28, 2006 03:27PM

EDIT: Nevermind, I made a mistake.

The file permissions thing means you need to set it to not be read-only.

The thing about URL file access only applies to online webservers.

I've hosted my killboard online, [killboard.dark-flare.co.uk]

If you can't get yours working, e-mail me at webmaster @ dark - flare . co . uk (without spaces) and I'll set one up for your corp, but it'll have to be [corpname.dark-flare.co.uk] I'm afraid.

Post Edited (11-28-06 15:31)

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.