The ServerName localhost is not defined into hosts file.
Posted by: LeMarque (---.cybermesa.com)
Date: May 13, 2022 04:46PM

Running Wampserver 3.2.8
Windows 10 Pro 64 Bit build 1904

I'm thinking my virus software Bitdefender munged something. Loading the Wampsercer hmepage everything is RED.

Wamp loads fine with the green icon but the wampserver home page shows all my virtual hosts RED as not defined and all "Your Virtual Host "host file not found"

I re-installed everything from all_vc_redist_x86_x64.zip, but still the same.

"Windows\System32\drivers\etc\hosts" looks fine. and I can get into phpmyadmin, for example and the databases are there.

And "e:/wamp64/bin/apache/apache2.4.51/conf/extra/httpd-vhosts.conf" exists and looks fine.

Any help appreciated.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 05/13/2022 05:06PM by LeMarque.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: The ServerName localhost is not defined into hosts file.
Posted by: Otomatic (Moderator)
Date: May 13, 2022 05:06PM

Hi,

In your antivirus, put the hosts file and the Wampserver installation folder in exception.

---------------------------------------------------------------
Documentation Apache - Documentation PHP - Documentation MySQL - Wampserver install files & addons

Posted by: LeMarque (---.cybermesa.com)
Date: May 13, 2022 05:27PM

Thanks Otomatic.

I came back to say that I ran: Apache Tools > Show Virutal Hosts Examined - and it returned missing entries!? that I've been using for weeks. I added them back in and now everything works perfectly.

I can't imagine what removed thos entries.

I will use your suggestion tho. And just to say, and not wanting to start a ploitical rant, I removed Kaspersky and installed Bitdender in it's place. KIS is, IMHO, the best and BD is way to aggressive. So I may roll the dice and re-install KIS.

But again, TVM

Posted by: Otomatic (Moderator)
Date: May 14, 2022 04:05PM

Hi,

Completely uninstall KIS or BitDefender - of course with the appropriate tools - you don't need them, they are so embedded in the system that they create more problems than they solve, the worst of all being Avast.

Microsoft Defender for Windows is sufficient and is an integral part of the system.

---------------------------------------------------------------
Documentation Apache - Documentation PHP - Documentation MySQL - Wampserver install files & addons

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.