Apache buttons greyed out in console
Posted by: Tumbler (---.a.002.brs.iprimus.net.au)
Date: April 30, 2006 12:43PM

Hi

Posted this in the French Forum - Version 5.161 - Apache ne veut pas se demarrer - but have had no replies , so here goes.

Using 5.161 - Apache buttons are greyed which makes it impossible to start the service.

Only MySQL is shown as running therefore no access to localhost.

Any help will be appreciated.

Jean

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Apache buttons greyed out in console
Posted by: CyberSpatium (---.hsd1.or.comcast.net)
Date: May 01, 2006 04:30PM

If you had done a simple search you would have found this exact same question answered a 100 times already.

apache uses port 80, the default httpd port for webservers. If any other program is using port 80, apache will not start.

Skype uses port 80, so make sure it is not running when you start apache. other web servers like IIS use port 80, so if you have IIS, disable it.

Re: Apache buttons greyed out in console
Posted by: Tumbler (---.a.001.brs.iprimus.net.au)
Date: May 05, 2006 02:17PM

Hi

Thanks for replying to my posts
[forum.wampserver.com]
[forum.wampserver.com]

both of which which for some reason has been deleted.

Your comments CyberSpatium :
If you had done a simple search you would have found this exact same
question answered a 100 times already.

apache uses port 80, the default httpd port for webservers. If any other
program is using port 80, apache will not start.

Skype uses port 80, so make sure it is not running when you start apache.
other web servers like IIS use port 80, so if you have IIS, disable it.

First of all let me reassure you that I had performed a search on the forum for the problem that I have been experiencing with WAMP and if a resolution to my problem had been found then I would certainly not have bothered posting my question which is still unresolved.

WAMP5 Version 1.6.1

I am using Xp home edition so IIS is not an issue, I don't have Skype installed - ditto - using the What's Running program, no other service is running that is using port 80.

The problem is that ,regardless of the above and they should not have any bearing on it, on the WAMP control panel (service manager as an icon tray) under the heading Services it shows Apache, MySQL,Start All Services, Stop All Services and Restart all Services. The MySQL has a red icon next to it which indicates that the service is active and on hovering the mouse over it opens a sub menu where a green arrow is displayed next to Start/Resume services.

The Apache one does not have an icon next to it and the sub menu items are all grayed out which means that you do not have available to you the option of starting / stopping the service and all the other commands.

I have chosen to have a manual option for 'Auto Start' .

I have tried the Install Service for Apache with no difference.

In fact if I click on the Start service for MySQl a error message pops up :

AeTrayMenu
Could not execute menu item [internal error]
[Exeption] could not perform service action:
The service did not respond to the start or control request in a timely manner
fashion.

This is even worse than before because previously the service manager was at least starting the one service (MYSQL).

Tried launch_wampserver.bat and it makes no difference.

I have unintalled - deleted C:\wamp\ and resinstalled again. Unfprtunately one does not seem to be able to send screenshots in this forum otherwise I would include them.

In comparion Easyphp has absolutely no problems. I wanted WAMP to be able to use MYSQl 5. ( no I am not runnibg Easyphp and WAMP at the same time)

Any help would be appreciated.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.