I can't publish/post my website online
Posted by: Anonymous User (92.80.249.---)
Date: January 05, 2020 03:21PM

Hello , users of WAMP , i just want to publish a site and I cant quite succeed to do so , i follow many tutorials along the way and still cant sort it out , I believe those are old and dont work anymore.
My concern is , that , I have added a virtual hosts , it appers right after i click on the wamp (left mouse click) , and it shows the server , as is working with a internet shortcut icon , but when i check it on other devices , it gaves me the error that it cannnot find the IP of the server, I have also inserted in my /drivers/etc/hosts/ file the ip 127.0.0.1 and the domain , ( with the localhost as main site of the file ) , and secondly my site right before localhost , but doenst work out , the error that appers on the server when i connect is : ERR_NAME_NOT_RESOLVED , and also I inserted into /conf/extra the file :

ServerAdmin mail@www.sportgoods.com
DocumentRoot "c:\wamp64\www"
ServerName mysite.local
ErrorLog "logs/www.sportgoods.com.log"
CustomLog "logs/www.sportgoods.com-access.log" common

(yourdomain is my site)
Do you guys have any tips, new tips of how i can solve this and help me to publish my server on-line?
It will be greatly appreciated your answers , Thanks.
My windows is 64bit,same for WAMP,my apache is 2.4.39,mysql is 5.7.26,mariaDB is 10.3.14,the color of the wamp is green when it works properly

the httpd.vhosts.conf file(including the default localhost and the other host which is the server itself)

# Virtual Hosts
#
<VirtualHost *:80>
ServerName localhost
ServerAlias localhost
DocumentRoot "${INSTALL_DIR}/www"
<Directory "${INSTALL_DIR}/www/">
Options +Indexes +Includes +FollowSymLinks +MultiViews
AllowOverride All
Require local
</Directory>
</VirtualHost>

#
<VirtualHost *:80>
ServerName www.sportgoods.com
DocumentRoot "c:/wamp64/www/sport"
<Directory "c:/wamp64/www/sport/">
Options +Indexes +Includes +FollowSymLinks +MultiViews
AllowOverride All
Require local
</Directory>
</VirtualHost>

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 01/05/2020 06:33PM by sergiu3.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: I can't publish/post my website online
Posted by: RiggsFolly (Moderator)
Date: January 05, 2020 04:13PM

Hi

When you say Publish do you mean you want to see your site from other devices INSIDE your local network OR do you want anyone on the internet to see your site?

Also can you answer ALL these question before you ask a question
READ (and answer) BEFORE YOU ASK A QUESTION

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
(Windows 10 Pro 64bit) (Wampserver 3.3.4 64bit) Aestan Tray Menu 3.2.5.4
<Apache versions MULTIPE> <PHP versions MULTIPLE> <MySQL Versions MULTIPLE>
<MariaDB versions MULTIPLE> <phpMyAdmin versions MULTIPLE> <MySQL Workbench 8.0.23>

Read The Manuals Apache -- MySQL -- PHP -- phpMyAdmin
Get your Apache/MySQL/mariaDB/PHP ADDONs here from the WAMPServer alternate Repo
-X-X-X- Backup your databases regularly Here is How dont regret it later! Yes even when developing -X-X-X-

Date: January 05, 2020 06:29PM

Yes, i want to make it live on the web

Date: January 05, 2020 06:45PM

Then you will need to buy the domain name sportgoods.com

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
<MariaDB versions MULTIPLE> <phpMyAdmin versions MULTIPLE> <MySQL Workbench 8.0.23>

Get your Apache/MySQL/mariaDB/PHP ADDONs here from the WAMPServer alternate Repo
-X-X-X- Backup your databases regularly Here is How dont regret it later! Yes even when developing -X-X-X-

Date: January 05, 2020 06:50PM

So wamp can't be used for publishing sites online?And how i can buy the domain name?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/05/2020 06:51PM by sergiu3.

Date: January 05, 2020 06:53PM

Yes, it can. It is not recommended but it can.

But like any other site, in order for anyone on the internet to be able to find your site it needs to be registered in the DNS system. Purchasing the domain name will also get the domain name registered with the global DNS system/

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/05/2020 06:53PM by RiggsFolly.

Date: January 05, 2020 06:56PM

So you mean , i have to buy domain and host for it?

Date: January 05, 2020 06:59PM

No!

You have to have a way of everyone in the universe being able to find your site. Thats what the DNS system does. For example, it associates wampserver.com with its ip address 89.31.144.71

If you want to host the site, then you tell the DNS system (once you have a domain name purchased) that the ip address of your site is the ip address of your router. The WAN IP Address that is.
Then you Port Forward your router so that accesses on port 80 are forwarded to the PC running WAMPServer (Apache). First of course you must make sure that the PC running WAMPServer has a static ip address within your internal network.

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 01/06/2020 10:27AM by RiggsFolly.

Date: January 07, 2020 02:07AM

So , you trying to say , that I have to buy a domain name for my site first , and thats the main thing for publishing my site?Is there anyway of knowing your DNS Address without buying domain?And btw, my ip address on site is located on system32/drivers/etc?The default ip is 127.0.0.1...so I have to replace that with my dns address that is provided by the domain site retailers that i got domain from?And also , what u mean that you tell dns system?

Date: January 07, 2020 10:41AM

Hi,

NO! 127.0.0.1 is a private ip address to indicate only one thing this pc Every PC in the universe is 127.0.0.1, it is in fact an ip address used originally for testing the network card.
What is ip address 127.0.0.1

The HOSTS file that you mention is used by the OS to seed the dnscache on this pc it has no effect at all on ANY OTHER PC in THE Universe.
Whats is the HOSTS file used for

It's quite obvious you are not making any effort to find out for yourself how the internet works.
WHAT IS DNS

Put simply, humans cannot remember ip addresses, and definitely not ipv6 addresses. So the DNS system is like a phone book, it associates a nice name like wampserver.com with an ip address.
Under the covers of your browser or anything internet based everything uses an ipaddress to communincate from point A to point B. So when you enter wampserver.com the software goes to the DNS and asks whats the real ip address for this nice human rememberable name.

Another thing you may not know, Windows 10 has a maximum of 20 concurrent external connections. It itself uses about 10 of those, sometimes more, for its own purposes. If you want many people to visit your site, that leave less than 10 concurrent users. This is not configurable, it is most likely set so that you cannot use a cheap desktop OS as if it was Windows Server.

And of course now we get to the serious stuff. WAMPServer is configured as a development tool, specifically so one dev can have an AMP environment for development and testing. It is not configured with all the necessary security that a real LIVE site may require. When you buy a hosted server you are also buying the relevant experts to setup a secure environment.

Anyway, this site is for the support of WAMPServer. It is NOT a resource to learn all things internet, and we have never recommended or attempted to support using it as a LIVE server environment. If you take this any further you do so at your own significant risk.

Date: January 07, 2020 11:30PM

So basically , i just found out 4 IPs addresses DNS Server of mine, on google search"find my dns"(with ipleak) , and it also tells that 2 are residential (idk what are the rest of the 2 for) so which one do i have to get ? and do i have to replace it on drivers/etc with (the dns address) and the name of the server?

Edited 4 time(s). Last edit at 01/07/2020 11:40PM by sergiu3.

Date: January 08, 2020 12:07AM

You are not listening AGAIN!

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.