Cannot load modules from Wampmanager?
Posted by: Dubguy (---.hsd1.ca.comcast.net)
Date: May 18, 2019 01:00AM

I have WAMP 3 running on 3 different machines, and I cannot get a single one of them to modify the httpd.conf. If I exit WAMP, modify httpd.conf manually, and then restart WAMP - the modules list hasn't changed one iota, and it doesn't revert my httpd.conf file to it's previous state, so where the hell is loading the modules from?

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Cannot load modules from Wampmanager?
Posted by: Otomatic (Moderator)
Date: May 18, 2019 09:12AM

Hi,

Please READ (and answer) BEFORE YOU ASK A QUESTION

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Wampserver 3.1.9 32 bit - Apache 2.4.41 - PHP 7.3.9/7.2.22/7.1.32/7.0.33/5.6.40 - MySQL 5.7.27 - MariaDB 10.4.7
Wampserver 3.1.9 64 bit - Apache 2.4.41 - PHP 7.3.9/7.2.22/7.1.32/7.0.33/5.6.40 - MySQL 5.7.27/8.0.17 - MariaDB 10.4.7
PhPMyadmin 4.9.0.1 - MysqlDumper 1.24.5
on W10 and W7 Pro 64 bit
Documentation Apache - Documentation PHP - Documentation MySQL - Wampserver install files & addons
« Ce n'est pas parce qu'ils sont nombreux à avoir tort, qu'ils ont forcément raison. Coluche »
« It's not because they are many to be wrong, they are necessarily right. Coluche »

Posted by: Dubguy (---.hfc.comcastbusiness.net)
Date: May 22, 2019 12:55AM

I'll keep that in mind, but with 3 different configurations having the exact same issue, I was thinking (and rightfully so) that a simple explanation wasn't expecting too much, especially as searching the forum for Modules, wampmanager.ini (once I narrowed down the issue), etc. yields little to no results.

The issue (on all 3 systems - which makes me think this is a common issue) was that refresh.php was using more memory than I had allocated in php.ini, which caused the function to exit without updating the .ini file, which is why I kept seeing the same settings, wrong version # (after the latest update), etc.

Increasing the "memory_limit" setting to 512M worked on 2 of the systems. The other one was a little more stubborn and I had to add:

ini_set('memory_limit', '-1');

to the refresh.php file, then run "Refresh" from Wampmanager. (and then commented it out, of course). Once it got the wampmanager.ini file back in sync, it now updates like it should.

A good rule of thumb when experiencing wampmanager issues is to ignore what it says and review the WAMP homepage/phpinfo() etc. Next time I'll know!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/22/2019 12:55AM by Dubguy.

Posted by: RiggsFolly (Moderator)
Date: May 22, 2019 09:43AM

Hi,

> refresh.php was using more memory than I had allocated in php.ini

May we know how much memory you had allocated in `php.ini` to cause this error to happen please.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
(Windows 10 Pro 64bit) (Wampserver 3.1.8 32bit & 64bit)
<Apache versions MULTIPE> <PHP versions MULTIPLE> <MySQL Versions MULTIPLE>
<MariaDB versions MULTIPLE> <phpMyAdmin versions MULTIPLE> <MySQL Workbench 8.0.16>

Read The Manuals Apache -- MySQL -- PHP -- phpMyAdmin
Get your Apache/MySQL/mariaDB/PHP ADDONs here from the WAMPServer alternate Repo
-X-X-X- Backup your MySQL databases regularly Here is How dont regret it later! Yes even when developing -X-X-X-

Posted by: Dubguy (---.hsd1.ca.comcast.net)
Date: May 30, 2019 05:18PM

I do believe the default setting was/is 128M. and I must've been close to the threshold, as every now and then it would work, which made it all the more confusing!

Posted by: RiggsFolly (Moderator)
Date: May 30, 2019 05:27PM

Ha,

I know what the default is, I was wondering if you had reduced it for some reason smiling smiley

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
(Windows 10 Pro 64bit) (Wampserver 3.1.8 32bit & 64bit)
<Apache versions MULTIPE> <PHP versions MULTIPLE> <MySQL Versions MULTIPLE>
<MariaDB versions MULTIPLE> <phpMyAdmin versions MULTIPLE> <MySQL Workbench 8.0.16>

Read The Manuals Apache -- MySQL -- PHP -- phpMyAdmin
Get your Apache/MySQL/mariaDB/PHP ADDONs here from the WAMPServer alternate Repo
-X-X-X- Backup your MySQL databases regularly Here is How dont regret it later! Yes even when developing -X-X-X-

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.