website not showing
Posted by: aputamkon (---.maine.res.rr.com)
Date: September 13, 2017 05:18AM

I have read all the help files and have only changed what the help file suggested only. I do have a green symbol and I only see the deafult page for wamp. I can not see my index.com i created in the c\www file.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: website not showing
Posted by: RiggsFolly (Moderator)
Date: September 13, 2017 01:09PM

Hi,

Please remember we are not clairvoyant and we a not looking over your shoulder

Please start all help requests by answering this sticky post READ (and answer) BEFORE YOU ASK A QUESTION

Then add to that a complete description of what you have done and show us anything you have changes in the WAMPServer configuration.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
(Windows 10 Pro 64bit) (Wampserver 3.3.4 64bit) Aestan Tray Menu 3.2.5.4
<Apache versions MULTIPE> <PHP versions MULTIPLE> <MySQL Versions MULTIPLE>
<MariaDB versions MULTIPLE> <phpMyAdmin versions MULTIPLE> <MySQL Workbench 8.0.23>

Read The Manuals Apache -- MySQL -- PHP -- phpMyAdmin
Get your Apache/MySQL/mariaDB/PHP ADDONs here from the WAMPServer alternate Repo
-X-X-X- Backup your databases regularly Here is How dont regret it later! Yes even when developing -X-X-X-

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/13/2017 01:09PM by RiggsFolly.

Posted by: Kirk (---.dhcp.roch.mn.charter.com)
Date: September 13, 2017 03:18PM

Pretty sure that if you've named your page "index.com" it won't show up. It needs to be "index.html" or, if you're using PHP anywhere in the page, "index.php".

Posted by: aputamkon (---.maine.res.rr.com)
Date: September 15, 2017 04:32AM

i do have it as index.html, I have not edited any of the setting or config files. i instaled wamp and put my files in the c\www folder

Posted by: RiggsFolly (Moderator)
Date: September 15, 2017 11:41AM

Do you mean you put your file in the c:\wamp\www\index.html folder?

If so DONT. Make a sub folder like C:\wamp\www\project1 and put your site in there.

To do it properly read The need for Virtual Hosts and create a virtual host pointing at your C:\wamp\www\project1 folder

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
(Windows 10 Pro 64bit) (Wampserver 3.3.4 64bit) Aestan Tray Menu 3.2.5.4
<Apache versions MULTIPE> <PHP versions MULTIPLE> <MySQL Versions MULTIPLE>
<MariaDB versions MULTIPLE> <phpMyAdmin versions MULTIPLE> <MySQL Workbench 8.0.23>

Read The Manuals Apache -- MySQL -- PHP -- phpMyAdmin
Get your Apache/MySQL/mariaDB/PHP ADDONs here from the WAMPServer alternate Repo
-X-X-X- Backup your databases regularly Here is How dont regret it later! Yes even when developing -X-X-X-

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.