php.ini gets deleted everytime i restart my PC windows 10
Posted by: aanchal (---.130.172.122.airtelbroadband.in)
Date: May 08, 2017 09:39AM

whenever is restart my PC(windows 10), wamp server php.ini gets deleted

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: php.ini gets deleted everytime i restart my PC windows 10
Posted by: RiggsFolly (Moderator)
Date: May 08, 2017 09:55AM

Hi

Please can you READ (and answer) BEFORE YOU ASK A QUESTION

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
(Windows 10 Pro 64bit) (Wampserver 3.3.4 64bit) Aestan Tray Menu 3.2.5.4
<Apache versions MULTIPE> <PHP versions MULTIPLE> <MySQL Versions MULTIPLE>
<MariaDB versions MULTIPLE> <phpMyAdmin versions MULTIPLE> <MySQL Workbench 8.0.23>

Read The Manuals Apache -- MySQL -- PHP -- phpMyAdmin
Get your Apache/MySQL/mariaDB/PHP ADDONs here from the WAMPServer alternate Repo
-X-X-X- Backup your databases regularly Here is How dont regret it later! Yes even when developing -X-X-X-

Date: May 08, 2017 02:35PM

I am guessing that you editied one of the `php.ini` files manually.

Use the menus as provided to do this or you will probaly edit the wrong `php.ini` file

Do

(left click) wampmanager -> PHP -> php.ini

This will open the correct `php.ini` file in your editor. Make your chnages and then remember to restart Apache

(left click wampmanager -> Apache -> Service Administrator -> Restart Service

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
<MariaDB versions MULTIPLE> <phpMyAdmin versions MULTIPLE> <MySQL Workbench 8.0.23>

Get your Apache/MySQL/mariaDB/PHP ADDONs here from the WAMPServer alternate Repo
-X-X-X- Backup your databases regularly Here is How dont regret it later! Yes even when developing -X-X-X-

Posted by: Kirk (---.dhcp.stcd.mn.charter.com)
Date: May 08, 2017 04:49PM

I have a similar problem, but my php.ini(s) aren't deleted.

1. Windows version: Windows 10 Pro, build 16188, 64 bit
2. WampServer Version: 3.0.8 64 bit
3. Apache Version: 2.4.25
4. PHP Version: 5.6.25
5. MySQL Version:
6. WampServer: Green

127.0.0.1 TheBigNickelWorking-local
::1 TheBigNickelWorking-local
127.0.0.1 TheBigNickel-Local
::1 TheBigNickel-Local

8. Yes
8a. No
9. Yes
10. Your PHP parameter session.gc_maxlifetime is lower than cookie validity configured in phpMyAdmin, because of this, your login might expire sooner than configured in phpMyAdmin.
11. Norton Security with Backup.
12. C:\wamp64

Using the wampmanager -> PHP -> php.ini will edit the bin/php/<phpversion>/php.ini, but you have to go into bin/apache/<apacheversion>/bin to edit the php.ini there. In order to change the phpmyadmin timeout, you need to change the session.gc_maxlifetime variable in both.

My headscratcher is that the change to bin/php/<phpversion>/php.ini takes and stays. However, the change to bin/apache/<apacheversion>/bin/php.ini is reset to 1440 whenever I restart my computer and then start WampServer.

This isn't a killer, but more a PITA since I need to re-edit the apache/bin php.ini to get my phpmyadmin timeout set again.

This happens on both my desktop and my laptop, both running the same versions of everything.

This also happens no matter which version of Apache I'm using. And yes, I've also updated the LoginCookieValidity in config.inc.php.

Posted by: Otomatic (Moderator)
Date: May 08, 2017 05:14PM

Hi,

It should - however - understand that when you change PHP versions, it is the php.ini of the new version that is taken into account.
So if you have 22 versions of PHP, you need to modify the php.ini file 22 times.
Once for each version.

---------------------------------------------------------------
Documentation Apache - Documentation PHP - Documentation MySQL - Wampserver install files & addons

Date: May 08, 2017 05:56PM

You said Using the wampmanager -> PHP -> php.ini will edit the bin/php/<phpversion>/php.ini, but you have to go into bin/apache/<apacheversion>/bin to edit the php.ini there. In order to change the phpmyadmin timeout, you need to change the session.gc_maxlifetime variable in both. WRONG!

This will edit `\wamp\bin\php\phpForApache.ini` i.e. THE CORRECT FILE for how WAMPServer manages its php.ini file so that it can be used with multiple Apache versions correctly!!!!!

The `\wamp\bin\php\php.ini` IS USED when you use the PHP CLI (Command Line Interface)
i.e. >php a_script.php

Posted by: Kirk (---.dhcp.stcd.mn.charter.com)
Date: May 08, 2017 11:12PM

Thanks for getting me straightened out.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.