WampServer Working Can't Install Wordpress
Posted by: lyoung301 (---.tx.res.rr.com)
Date: January 11, 2017 03:04AM

I have installed Wampserver32 on my windows 8.1 machine and I had to change my port to 8082 for localhost. When I type localhost:8082 I can get to the server configuration screen fine. When I type in localhost:8082/Wordpress to install wordpress it just keeps going round and round and the wamp icon turns red in front of localhost. I unzipped wordpress 4.7 into the wamp/www folder and it created the wordpress folder with all the files. I need to get wordpress installed so I can continue with the creation of a new website.

Can anyone out there help me? Please!
Thanks for your help in advance!

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: WampServer Working Can't Install Wordpress
Posted by: RiggsFolly (Moderator)
Date: January 11, 2017 09:56AM

Hi,

You should also read these Sticky posts:

[forum.wampserver.com]

and

[forum.wampserver.com]

If you still have questions then please answer these 13 questions [forum.wampserver.com]

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
(Windows 10 Pro 64bit) (Wampserver 3.3.4 64bit) Aestan Tray Menu 3.2.5.4
<Apache versions MULTIPE> <PHP versions MULTIPLE> <MySQL Versions MULTIPLE>
<MariaDB versions MULTIPLE> <phpMyAdmin versions MULTIPLE> <MySQL Workbench 8.0.23>

Read The Manuals Apache -- MySQL -- PHP -- phpMyAdmin
Get your Apache/MySQL/mariaDB/PHP ADDONs here from the WAMPServer alternate Repo
-X-X-X- Backup your databases regularly Here is How dont regret it later! Yes even when developing -X-X-X-

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/11/2017 04:26PM by RiggsFolly.

Re: WampServer Working Can't Install Wordpress
Posted by: Otomatic (Moderator)
Date: January 11, 2017 03:51PM

Hi,

> I had to change my port to 8082 for localhost
No and definitely NO.
Port 80 is the port reserved for the HTTP protocol and therefore for Apache and it is not this port that needs to be changed, but that of the application that occupies port 80 when it should not do so.

And as RiggsFolly has already written, to avoid problems with WEB applications and mainly with Wordpress, you must use the VirtualHost for example 'http://mywordpress/' and in no way, 'htttp://localhost/Mywordpress/'. Read: The need for Virtual Host

---------------------------------------------------------------
Documentation Apache - Documentation PHP - Documentation MySQL - Wampserver install files & addons

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.