MySQL two istances
Posted by: z10h22 (---.btitalia.it)
Date: October 25, 2016 09:47AM

I have already MySQL installed and running on port 3306. Now I have installed wamp and all it's services, so even new MySQL. To mantain both MySQL server, I changed my.ini of wamp server, by clicking on tray icon, setting wamp mysql server port to 3316. The problem is that wamp mysql won't start. MySql notifier, that i've installed with the first mysql server, has detected the new mysql service, but it also can't run, poping up a message saying it failed to change last status (or something similar).

Suggestions?

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: MySQL two istances
Posted by: Otomatic (Moderator)
Date: October 25, 2016 10:04AM

Hi,

> I changed my.ini of wamp server,
It's not enough!

Change the Apache and MySQL ports is a basic option of Wampserver.
- Right-Clic Wampmanager tray icon -> Tools -> Use a port other than 3306

Port numbers will be changed EVERYWHERE there is need them to be.

However, for this to work, you need the other MySQL server is stopped before launching Wampserver which MUST be operational (green icon) BEFORE changing the port number.

---------------------------------------------------------------
Documentation Apache - Documentation PHP - Documentation MySQL - Wampserver install files & addons

Date: October 25, 2016 04:21PM

I've have stopped the mysqld (first istance), but wamp mysql won't start, neither on default port neither changing it with "Use a port other than 3306", neither removing and re installing the service.
Where can i see to search for what go wrong?

Posted by: Otomatic (Moderator)
Date: October 25, 2016 05:38PM

Hi,

Please answer to: READ BEFORE YOU ASK A QUESTION

---------------------------------------------------------------
Documentation Apache - Documentation PHP - Documentation MySQL - Wampserver install files & addons

Date: October 26, 2016 08:51AM

I'm on:
-Windows 7 Enterprise 64bit
-wamp 3.0.6

I've SOLVED it. My problems were related to previous attempt to install stand alone mysql. I report them to be useful for someone:

0 )I've launched from CMD the command C:\wamp64\bin\mysql\mysql5.7.14\bin\mysqld.exe. The ouptut said me that there where a problem with the "data" directory, so I remembered of a trick described in point 1)
1) In previous attempt to install mysql stand alone, I've created a custom "my.in" under C:\Windows\, that has a custom path for "data" directory, so I renamed it so that it was no more "reachable"
2) Execuded again C:\wamp64\bin\mysql\mysql5.7.14\bin\mysqld.exe, this time the output said "data" directory can't be accessed. Checked in C:\wamp64\bin\mysql\mysql5.7.14\ and there were no "data" directory. I've created it manually
3) Executed again C:\wamp64\bin\mysql\mysql5.7.14\bin\mysqld.exe, but this time no output come out, and the excecution stopped after few second
4) Checking the logs, I've found error in locking some tables and others, so I've deleted "data" directory files, ONLY FILES not the directory itself.
5) Excecuted C:\wamp64\bin\mysql\mysql5.7.14\bin\mysqld.exe --initialize, and the files were recreated
6) Started wamp and all works

Hope not forgot something

Thanks a lot

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 10/26/2016 08:54AM by z10h22.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.