Error: PHP is not running
Posted by: decombs21 (---.hsd1.ca.comcast.net)
Date: April 21, 2016 04:54AM

Greetings:

I am attempting to get a fresh install of WAMP and Wordpress up and running but received the error listed in my Subject line. Not only that but I checked the PHP error log and found this, "c:/wamp/bin/php/php5.5.12/ext/php_ldap.dll"

There are other errors listed having to do with this:

[21-Apr-2016 01:17:49 UTC] PHP Stack trace:

[21-Apr-2016 01:17:49 UTC] PHP 1. {main}() C:\wamp\www\wordpress\wp-admin\setup-config.php:0

[21-Apr-2016 01:17:49 UTC] PHP 2. wpdb->db_connect() C:\wamp\www\wordpress\wp-admin\setup-config.php:274

[21-Apr-2016 01:17:49 UTC] PHP 3. mysqli_real_connect() C:\wamp\www\wordpress\wp-includes\wp-db.php:1489

[21-Apr-2016 01:17:49 UTC] PHP Warning: mysql_connect(): in C:\wamp\www\wordpress\wp-includes\wp-db.php on line 1515

There are several more but the only difference is the line number on which the error occurs.

I somewhat clueless as to where to begin and would greatly appreciate anyone's effort on this.

TIA.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Error: PHP is not running
Posted by: RiggsFolly (Moderator)
Date: April 21, 2016 09:56AM

Hi,

You can check these troubleshooting tip [forum.wampserver.com]

And if you have installed WAMPServer 3 these as well.

If these dont help :

Can you answer these questions for us please so we know a little about your setup and the basic usage of WAMPSevrer [forum.wampserver.com]

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
(Windows 10 Pro 64bit) (Wampserver 3.3.4 64bit) Aestan Tray Menu 3.2.5.4
<Apache versions MULTIPE> <PHP versions MULTIPLE> <MySQL Versions MULTIPLE>
<MariaDB versions MULTIPLE> <phpMyAdmin versions MULTIPLE> <MySQL Workbench 8.0.23>

Read The Manuals Apache -- MySQL -- PHP -- phpMyAdmin
Get your Apache/MySQL/mariaDB/PHP ADDONs here from the WAMPServer alternate Repo
-X-X-X- Backup your databases regularly Here is How dont regret it later! Yes even when developing -X-X-X-

Posted by: decombs21 (---.hsd1.ca.comcast.net)
Date: April 22, 2016 03:32PM

G'day:

I pretty much rectified my situation by creating another database and using it. For some reason I used my dumb thumbs the first time, which got me a botched product and my smart thumbs the second time - because it works just fine.

I consulted the all wonderful Youtube and found how to delete a troublesome database and will do that next start up on that machine.

Thanks for your good intentions and suggestions, have a good weekend.

Happy coding,

Dave

Posted by: Otomatic (Moderator)
Date: April 22, 2016 05:09PM

Hi,

> I consulted the all wonderful Youtube and found how to delete a troublesome...
"Wonderful", not that much. Youtube is full of very big mistakes, stupidities and bullshit about Wampserver, MySQl, PHP and Apache.

For example, nowhere it says that you MUST stop Wampserver (or other MySQL server) BEFORE you shut down Windows. Failure to do so is the primary cause of the corruption of databases, mainly with the InnoDB storage engine.

---------------------------------------------------------------
Documentation Apache - Documentation PHP - Documentation MySQL - Wampserver install files & addons

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/22/2016 06:59PM by Otomatic.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.