ini file error on downloading
Posted by: kevsy (---.114.93.79.rev.sfr.net)
Date: November 30, 2015 10:55PM

Hello professionals. I have just removed and re-installed Wamp3.

The install was via wampserver3_x86_apache2.4.17_mysql5.7.9_php5.6.15.exe

When I opened localhost I found this error waiting:

ERROR The PHP configuration loaded is:-should be:
c:/wamp/bin/apache/apache2.4.17/bin/php.ini or
c:/wamp/bin/php/php5.6.15/phpForApache.ini

The end result is there is no php.ini file of any description in /bin/apache/apache2.4.17
and 2 .ini files in /bin/php/php5.6.15
1. /bin/php/php5.6.15/phpForApache.ini which appears to be correct and
2. /bin/php/php5.6.15/php.ini

Where am I.
I need to remove file No2 from /bin/php/php5.6.15 and add a php.ini file to /bin/ apache/apache2.4.17 or can I just move file No 2 to the apache location and would I need to rename it?

kev

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: ini file error on downloading
Date: November 30, 2015 11:25PM

Back again.

I also have another problem.

I also have an error when I try phpMyAdmin. "The mbstring extension is missing."

The file appears to be in place as c:\wamp\bin\php\php5.6.15\ext\php_mbstring.dll

Posted by: RiggsFolly (---.as43234.net)
Date: December 01, 2015 12:30AM

Please answer these questions [forum.wampserver.com]

Then give the EXACT ERROR MESSAGE

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
(Windows 10 Pro 64bit) (Wampserver 3.3.4 64bit) Aestan Tray Menu 3.2.5.4
<Apache versions MULTIPE> <PHP versions MULTIPLE> <MySQL Versions MULTIPLE>
<MariaDB versions MULTIPLE> <phpMyAdmin versions MULTIPLE> <MySQL Workbench 8.0.23>

Read The Manuals Apache -- MySQL -- PHP -- phpMyAdmin
Get your Apache/MySQL/mariaDB/PHP ADDONs here from the WAMPServer alternate Repo
-X-X-X- Backup your databases regularly Here is How dont regret it later! Yes even when developing -X-X-X-

Posted by: Otomatic (Moderator)
Date: December 01, 2015 10:10AM

Hi,

> I have just removed and re-installed Wamp3.
-Removed or uninstalled ?

Did you install "As an administrator" ?

Did you launch Wampmanager "As an administrator" ?

You should not remove or move files.

---------------------------------------------------------------
Documentation Apache - Documentation PHP - Documentation MySQL - Wampserver install files & addons

Date: December 01, 2015 12:13PM

Hello Otomatic thanks for the prompt return.

Answers:

1. I uninstalled.
2. Not as an administrator.
3. Not as an administrator.

I had run into a few problems that were giving me a bad time so I thought 'sod it start again from scratch'.
My intention was to delete as much of Wamp as I could get my hands on and reinstall it using:
wampserver3_x86_apache2.4.17_mysql5.7.9_php5.6.15.exe

To the best of my knowledge I didn't recall the administrator being advised anywhere therefore it didn't get used.
Act first regret later.

My best excuse for what I do is 'insanity' but any help I can get would be appreciated.

What is the (W7 Pro 64 bit), is that what I should be using?

To add insult to injury I also have Xampp installed, could I ask your advice on the best method to remove that.

Looks like I should have to followed Rigg's install advice, before I do could you give a few tips on 'administrator' and removing xampp. Merci.

Edit No 2. Apache Version 2.4.17
PHP Version 5.6.15
MySQL Version 5.7.9
The system goes to green both when I left click to load and when I right click and run as 'Administrator'.

kev

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 12/01/2015 12:34PM by kevsy.

Date: December 01, 2015 02:41PM

Hi kevsy,

You seem more confused than normal.

Ok lets try and get back on track here, in no particular order!

Uninstalling WAMPServer (any version)

You should run the uninstall like for any Windows App.
Then as the uninstall will not remove files the install did not create, and nothing from the MYSQL folder you need to manually delete the wamp folder after the install has finished.
Having made sure you backed anything up you may want later, OF COURSE

Your question: What is the (W7 Pro 64 bit), is that what I should be using?
This is the name of a Windows Operating System version!

Is this what you are running ?

Wamp Server runs on both W32 and W64 bit systems either is fine, in fact if you have a Windows 64bit system it is still better to use the WAMPServer 32bit version, at least until PHP7 is released, as that will be the first truely 64bit version of PHP.

Regarding the existance (or not) of a php.ini file in the Apache folder.

Since WAMPServer 2.5 we have been using SYMLINKS or as they are sometimes called in Windows - Junctions.

This means that a SYMLINK is placed into the \wamp\bin\apache\apache{version}\bin folder pointing to the php.ini file that actually lives in \wamp\bin\php\php{version} folder. The actual file is NO LONGER copied, just a symlink is created.

Now of course this symlink while called 'php.ini` actually points to the '\wamp\bin\php\php{version}\phpForApache.ini' file as this contains the config that is relevant to a PHP run as an Apache module which is how WAMPServer runs PHP.

The \wamp\bin\php\php{version}\php.ini file is used only for the PHP CLI (Command Line Interface) i.e. when you run PHP from the command line in a Windows Command Window.

WAMPServer and XAMPP
These 2 apps are basically the same thing. They both install Apache/MySQL/PHP on a windows system, but XAMPP also includes PERL as well.

These 2 apps will not both run at the same time!!! As they both have Apache which allocates port 80 to Listen on by default, and they both include MYSQL which allocates port 3306 to Listen on by default.

However They can both be installed on the same system as long as only one of them is running at a time i.e. if you stop the XAMPP Apache and MYSQL services you can start the WAMPServer Apache and MySQL services, and visa versa.

This is possible because WAMPServer installs its Apache and MySQL services using specific names i.e. non standard names -wampapache and wampmysqld where the default service names, used by XAMPP, are of course Apache and MYSQL which are used by XAMPP.

Oh and if you are using the 64bit WAMPServer its service names are wampapache64 and wampmysqld64 but as I said earlier, there is really no benefit in the 64bit WAMPServer, and some specific situations where PHP extensions do not yet exist for the 64bit environment, and probably wont until some time after PHP7 is released.

I hope this has cleared up most of your confusion, if not let us know and we will try and sort those out too.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
<MariaDB versions MULTIPLE> <phpMyAdmin versions MULTIPLE> <MySQL Workbench 8.0.23>

Get your Apache/MySQL/mariaDB/PHP ADDONs here from the WAMPServer alternate Repo
-X-X-X- Backup your databases regularly Here is How dont regret it later! Yes even when developing -X-X-X-

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/01/2015 02:44PM by RiggsFolly.

Posted by: Bluesoos (---.fbx.proxad.net)
Date: December 22, 2015 01:36PM

Hello,

I had the same mbstring error message problem and I noticed that i couldn't acces the php.ini file via wampserver interface since it was missing. So I tried putting the php.ini file in the wamp\bin\apache\apachex.y.z\bin directory ans it solved my problem.

hope it helps

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/22/2015 01:37PM by Bluesoos.

Date: December 22, 2015 03:08PM

Hi Bloosoos

What version of wampserver are you using?

Posted by: Jannik Olsen (---.inet.dsl.telianet.dk)
Date: March 12, 2016 12:00PM

Hi,

just experienced the exact same issue (didn't load ini file and got that error string too) and I solved it by installing wampserver WITH administrator privileges.

Please note that it's not enough to just run the program with adm. privileges, it has to be the actual installation.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.