MYSQL 5.6 CRASH PC, HOW TO GET OLD VERSION
Posted by: Gerlynx (105.10.117.---)
Date: April 24, 2015 10:30AM

Hi, i installed Wamp server 2.5. But i find MYSQL 5.6 slowing my pc down alot and sometimes crashing it. This was not a problem on older versions of MYSQL. I still want to use latest Apache and php, but please can you tell me how to get an older version of MYSQL in my Wamp server ?

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: MYSQL 5.6 CRASH PC, HOW TO GET OLD VERSION
Posted by: Otomatic (Moderator)
Date: April 24, 2015 11:03AM

Hi,

Use "127.0.0.1" instead of "localhost" as host name for the connections to MySQL.

---------------------------------------------------------------
Documentation Apache - Documentation PHP - Documentation MySQL - Wampserver install files & addons

Date: April 24, 2015 11:44AM

Otomatic. Its not the connections to mysql crashing my pc. Its the actual MYSQL 5.6 service running in the background slowing everything down. Can you point me on some documentation on how to install an older version of MYSQL on Wamp 2.5 ?

Date: April 24, 2015 02:21PM

Solved it by setting, performance_schema = 0 , in my.ini, section [mysqld]

Posted by: RiggsFolly (---.as43234.net)
Date: April 24, 2015 04:56PM

I find this a useful mod to my.ini as well

# reduce mem size for MYISAM usage
table_definition_cache = 600

MySQL 5.6 seems to use a very large amount of memory by default and this reduces it from about half a gig to a more sensible size.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
(Windows 10 Pro 64bit) (Wampserver 3.3.4 64bit) Aestan Tray Menu 3.2.5.4
<Apache versions MULTIPE> <PHP versions MULTIPLE> <MySQL Versions MULTIPLE>
<MariaDB versions MULTIPLE> <phpMyAdmin versions MULTIPLE> <MySQL Workbench 8.0.23>

Read The Manuals Apache -- MySQL -- PHP -- phpMyAdmin
Get your Apache/MySQL/mariaDB/PHP ADDONs here from the WAMPServer alternate Repo
-X-X-X- Backup your databases regularly Here is How dont regret it later! Yes even when developing -X-X-X-

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.