Add Older PHP versions to WAMP 2.5 64bit
Posted by: lascellesclarke (---.cwjamaica.com)
Date: March 09, 2015 05:46AM

I know the new WAMP install (WAMP 2.5; Apache 2.4.9; Mysql 5.6.17; PHP 5.5.12) does not allow installations of addons the old way, and I have read here How to install PHP 5.3.28 on WampServer 2.5 32 bit. But how do I do the same on my 64bit Windows 8? Please outline the step-by-step procedure. Thanks.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Add Older PHP versions to WAMP 2.5 64bit
Posted by: RiggsFolly (---.as43234.net)
Date: March 09, 2015 10:45AM

Hi Lascelle,

As far as I am aware there are no 64bit compilations of PHP5.3.anything so the simple answer is you cannot.
See here for downloadable PHP windows builds [windows.php.net]

In WAMPServers configuration PHP runs as an Apache module, so Apache and PHP have to both be 32bit or 64bit compiles.

You would have to install the 32bit version of WAMPServer. It works just fine on a 64bit Windows.

Now you have a few options here :-

You can actually install the 32bit WAMPServer and the 64bit WAMPServer on the same machine as long as you install then in different folders i.e. \wamp\ and \wamp32\ for example or one onto C:\wamp and one onto D:\wamp\

As long as you dont run them both at the same time as among other reasons both Apache's will be trying to use port 80

Or

The simpler route would be to uninstall the 64bit WAMPServer and install the 32bit WAMPServer. Although this may depend on what you already have running on the 64bit version!

Luckily PHP5.3.28 does have have the linkages to Apache 2.4 so you would not need to install another older version of Apache. Coinsidentally I am using it now myself for a specific project, but I use 32bit WAMPServer for this very reason.

Let me know which option you think you would prefer and I can help with what you will need to do

If you decide to go for the throw away 64bit and install 32bit here is a document you shoudl read, that tells you how to uninstall WAMPServer without actually removong any files from disk so you have a backup of what you corrently have to move ot to the newly installed version of WAMPServer.
Installing a new release of WAMPServer [/utl]

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
(Windows 10 Pro 64bit) (Wampserver 3.3.4 64bit) Aestan Tray Menu 3.2.5.4
<Apache versions MULTIPE> <PHP versions MULTIPLE> <MySQL Versions MULTIPLE>
<MariaDB versions MULTIPLE> <phpMyAdmin versions MULTIPLE> <MySQL Workbench 8.0.23>

Read The Manuals
Apache -- MySQL -- PHP -- phpMyAdmin
Get your Apache/MySQL/mariaDB/PHP ADDONs here from the WAMPServer alternate Repo
-X-X-X- Backup your databases regularly Here is How dont regret it later! Yes even when developing -X-X-X-

Options: ReplyQuote

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.