installing wampserver on domain controller
Posted by: sadaty (5.232.56.---)
Date: March 09, 2015 07:20AM

hi dears,
i want to install wampserver on my domain controller that runs active directory, dns, dhcp. i want to know there isn't any problem?

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: installing wampserver on domain controller
Posted by: RiggsFolly (---.as43234.net)
Date: March 09, 2015 10:53AM

Hi sadaty,

Thats a very big question. I cannot answer that as I have never actually done that.

Some of the Questions you need to know the answers to :-

1. Does anything else on that machine use port 80/443 ( Apache ) or 3306 ( MySQL ).
2. Do I have a COMPLETE AND CURRENT backup of everything on my domain controller.
3, Do I know FOR SURE BECAUSE I TESTED IT that I can recover from my backup of the domain controller.
4. Is the risk of the unknown i.e. damaging my domain controller less important than the price of installing a web server i.e. WAMPServer on a seperate PC.

I am afraid that is the best I can do for you.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
(Windows 10 Pro 64bit) (Wampserver 3.3.4 64bit) Aestan Tray Menu 3.2.5.4
<Apache versions MULTIPE> <PHP versions MULTIPLE> <MySQL Versions MULTIPLE>
<MariaDB versions MULTIPLE> <phpMyAdmin versions MULTIPLE> <MySQL Workbench 8.0.23>

Read The Manuals Apache -- MySQL -- PHP -- phpMyAdmin
Get your Apache/MySQL/mariaDB/PHP ADDONs here from the WAMPServer alternate Repo
-X-X-X- Backup your databases regularly Here is How dont regret it later! Yes even when developing -X-X-X-

Date: March 09, 2015 12:35PM

Thanks,
I work on small business network that using isa 2006 on another server and the clients access to internet through proxy setting on port 8080.
is it possible to install and run wampserver?
please lead me.

Posted by: RiggsFolly (---.as43234.net)
Date: March 09, 2015 01:13PM

Sorry I thought made myself clear.

There is no way I can give you the all clear to attempt this on a network and environment I have ZERO knowledge of.

Yes it is possible to install WAMPServer, but I cannot tell you that it will be simple or exactly how to go about it.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
(Windows 10 Pro 64bit) (Wampserver 3.3.4 64bit) Aestan Tray Menu 3.2.5.4
<Apache versions MULTIPE> <PHP versions MULTIPLE> <MySQL Versions MULTIPLE>
<MariaDB versions MULTIPLE> <phpMyAdmin versions MULTIPLE> <MySQL Workbench 8.0.23>

Read The Manuals Apache -- MySQL -- PHP -- phpMyAdmin
Get your Apache/MySQL/mariaDB/PHP ADDONs here from the WAMPServer alternate Repo
-X-X-X- Backup your databases regularly Here is How dont regret it later! Yes even when developing -X-X-X-

Date: March 09, 2015 01:24PM

thanks a lot, you're welcome.
i should try it.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.