Installing Apache Modules (mod_security)
Posted by: freakhaxor (182.182.110.---)
Date: December 22, 2014 04:19PM

Hi There,

I have searched alot on google and tried different things to get mod_security and mod_evasive (for SlowLoris DDos attacks) modules installed in my WAMP Server.

Please provide me references and help me installing modules, I use WAMP for my business server.

Thanks,
Freak

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Installing Apache Modules (mod_security)
Posted by: RiggsFolly (---.as43234.net)
Date: December 22, 2014 06:39PM

I would start by google'ing both those Apache modules, referencing Windows and the version of Apache that you are running.

The purpose of this website is to help site developer's to get WampServer up and running and not to respond to orders to assist in the installation and use of any and all Apache extensions.

If you wish any help from the users of this forum, then at least start by letting us all know what version of software you are running by answering these basic questions READ BEFORE YOU ASK A QUESTION

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
(Windows 10 Pro 64bit) (Wampserver 3.3.4 64bit) Aestan Tray Menu 3.2.5.4
<Apache versions MULTIPE> <PHP versions MULTIPLE> <MySQL Versions MULTIPLE>
<MariaDB versions MULTIPLE> <phpMyAdmin versions MULTIPLE> <MySQL Workbench 8.0.23>

Read The Manuals Apache -- MySQL -- PHP -- phpMyAdmin
Get your Apache/MySQL/mariaDB/PHP ADDONs here from the WAMPServer alternate Repo
-X-X-X- Backup your databases regularly Here is How dont regret it later! Yes even when developing -X-X-X-

Posted by: freakhaxor (182.182.75.---)
Date: December 23, 2014 07:07PM

Hey RiggsFolly,

Thank you for replying, I appreciate that. The problem is I am unable to find anything on google, So I have to refer here for help! I didn't knew this is developers forum to help.

Anyways, I am done writing information:

1 - Windows version used : 64 Bit
2 - Version WampServer :64 Bit
3 - Apache Version: 2.4.4
4 - PHP Version : 5.4.12
5 - MySQL Version: 5.6.12
6 - What color is the WampServer icon (in the notification area of the taskbar): Green

I am not bound to these versions, I may install other, If they allow installing modules.

Thanks,

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/23/2014 07:08PM by freakhaxor.

Posted by: RiggsFolly (---.as43234.net)
Date: December 23, 2014 08:50PM

Now lets be honest here.... you want someone else to do all the hard work so you can just pick it all up and run with it.

Google search works really well, all you need to do is search for

'apache mod_security windows' to get

[www.apachelounge.com]
and
[github.com]

or 'apache mod_evasive windows' to get

[www.apachelounge.com]

So when you get it working, please post a HOW I DID IT thread here for the rest of us to follow

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
(Windows 10 Pro 64bit) (Wampserver 3.3.4 64bit) Aestan Tray Menu 3.2.5.4
<Apache versions MULTIPE> <PHP versions MULTIPLE> <MySQL Versions MULTIPLE>
<MariaDB versions MULTIPLE> <phpMyAdmin versions MULTIPLE> <MySQL Workbench 8.0.23>

Read The Manuals Apache -- MySQL -- PHP -- phpMyAdmin
Get your Apache/MySQL/mariaDB/PHP ADDONs here from the WAMPServer alternate Repo
-X-X-X- Backup your databases regularly Here is How dont regret it later! Yes even when developing -X-X-X-

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.