Cache acp / file
Posted by: FuzMic (60.51.14.---)
Date: December 05, 2014 05:24AM

Hi folks

In my web host, the cache handler is ACP. Can we have ACP installed in wamp and is there any advantage.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Cache acp / file
Posted by: RiggsFolly (---.as43234.net)
Date: December 05, 2014 10:08AM

Hi Fuzmic,

I assume you mean APC ( Alternate PHP Cache )

I know we have spoken before but I cannot remember what version of WAMPServer etc you are running.

Yes you can install APC on WampServer, remember WAMPServer is just Apache MySQL and PHP afterall.

However, Zend OPCache seems to be the future of opcode cacheing in PHP, as of PHP5.5 OPCache is released as part of the PHP code and therefore has to be maintained and tested as part of each release, whereas extension are not necessarily given quite the same care and attention.

Also if you are using WAMPServer for development there is another consideration. Opcode caches can sometimes make development more hassle, as afterall they are caching the interpreted PHP code that you may be changing so at best they provide little or no speed advantages and in some cases can cause confusion as to whether the server is running the code you just changed or the cached code from the previous code change.

Anyway if you still want to try it out I have a HowTo Document that you are welcome to have.

Oh and finally, there are versions of APC available for PHP5.3.x and PHP5.4.x but not PHP5.5.x so if you are running PHP5.5 it is not actually an option.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
(Windows 10 Pro 64bit) (Wampserver 3.3.4 64bit) Aestan Tray Menu 3.2.5.4
<Apache versions MULTIPE> <PHP versions MULTIPLE> <MySQL Versions MULTIPLE>
<MariaDB versions MULTIPLE> <phpMyAdmin versions MULTIPLE> <MySQL Workbench 8.0.23>

Read The Manuals Apache -- MySQL -- PHP -- phpMyAdmin
Get your Apache/MySQL/mariaDB/PHP ADDONs here from the WAMPServer alternate Repo
-X-X-X- Backup your databases regularly Here is How dont regret it later! Yes even when developing -X-X-X-

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/05/2014 10:09AM by RiggsFolly.

Re: Cache acp / file
Posted by: FuzMic (113.210.138.---)
Date: December 06, 2014 02:54PM

Friend sorry type wrong it is APC. Still running wamp 2.2. As you pointed out in the development stage i don't cache at all. I was just trying to fish from my good old friend to learn more. THANK YOU as always, God Bless.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.