"Your Projects" links do not work
Posted by: TheKillerR (---.rdsnet.ro)
Date: June 21, 2014 10:50PM

Hello, i just installed the last 64 bit version of wamp.

On the wamp index page, under the "Your Projects" category, all links there re the name of the topic.
For example, [myprojectfolder]

This should be sorted out in the last release and to pay more attention. in the meanwhile, does anyone have a fast fix for me? Thanks.

PS: it makes no difference if i access the page using the pc ip, localhost, or the LH ip.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/21/2014 10:51PM by TheKillerR.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: "Your Projects" links do not work
Posted by: RiggsFolly (---.dynamic.dsl.as9105.com)
Date: June 21, 2014 11:17PM

Please read this document WAMPServer 2.5 The Homepage, Your Projects Menu and the need for Virtual Hosts

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
(Windows 10 Pro 64bit) (Wampserver 3.3.4 64bit) Aestan Tray Menu 3.2.5.4
<Apache versions MULTIPE> <PHP versions MULTIPLE> <MySQL Versions MULTIPLE>
<MariaDB versions MULTIPLE> <phpMyAdmin versions MULTIPLE> <MySQL Workbench 8.0.23>

Read The Manuals Apache -- MySQL -- PHP -- phpMyAdmin
Get your Apache/MySQL/mariaDB/PHP ADDONs here from the WAMPServer alternate Repo
-X-X-X- Backup your databases regularly Here is How dont regret it later! Yes even when developing -X-X-X-

Date: June 23, 2014 09:22PM

I had to reinstall Wamp 2.1 as my old 3.0.7 forum doesnt run well on the latest php version.

So i am releaved of this issue. I read some of the topic you linked and it sounds annoying.

After you install a program, you expect it to work directly. Without having to go and set some setting you dont know about as the program doesnt notify you. Links to [localhost] still work if you write the paths manually. Imo its a troublesome feature. It should be simplified.

Date: June 24, 2014 12:33AM

IMO if you are going to use Apache you should realise that you need to learn Apache at least to some basic extent.

A web server is not a word processor.

Still those that do use VHOST will implement with little or not problem, those that ignore the benefits will have to fix the issues they have made for themselves.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
<MariaDB versions MULTIPLE> <phpMyAdmin versions MULTIPLE> <MySQL Workbench 8.0.23>

Get your Apache/MySQL/mariaDB/PHP ADDONs here from the WAMPServer alternate Repo
-X-X-X- Backup your databases regularly Here is How dont regret it later! Yes even when developing -X-X-X-

Date: June 25, 2014 04:15AM

When you are installing wamp, you have absolutely no way to know that you need to config Apache for it to work with each project you make. Not unless you install, see it as a problem, and then go on the forums to see whats wrong with it. After you install it, you should be notified of what to do further. Provide a flash survey or something... Why cant apache just be configurated to detect the folders inside the www directory?

I dont know apache, and many basic web developers dont either. I know html, css, and some php. Im not too familiar with js, ajax, mysql and apache. All i need wamp for is running php and running my forum.

If people want to work with virtualhosts, they can configure them themselves either way. I see this as a downgrade.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/25/2014 04:16AM by TheKillerR.

Date: June 25, 2014 09:52AM

This chnage was dont to reduce the number of issues people were getting when they moved their sites from development to a live hosted server.

It is intended to assist people to not making school boy errors early on in the development cycle.

But your opinion is noted.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.