PHP files on web site don't execute
Posted by: hedera (---.lightspeed.sntcca.sbcglobal.net)
Date: May 09, 2014 05:45AM

I'm running Wampserver 2.2E 64-bit on Windows 7 Pro 64-bit. I just used UpdraftPlus to copy a WordPress 3.9 site and move it to a test site on my laptop. The migration said it completed without errors but - when I try to load any page in the site, Wamp offers to save a file instead of displaying the page. Any idea what is going on??

Before I did the migration I had loaded a basic WordPress site and installed the UpdraftPlus plugin, and I had no trouble displaying those pages but now I can't display anything. What is wrong?

hedera
=======
Nature bats last.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: PHP files on web site don't execute
Posted by: RiggsFolly (---.as13285.net)
Date: May 09, 2014 02:48PM

I would check with the UpdraftPlus people.

Does the WAMPServer homepage still run? Assuming you have not copied the WordPress site into \wamp\www

It is normally better to install WordPress sites into a Virtual Host rather than a sub folder of \wamp\www
You will get less problems getting things to run and also copying things back to the live site.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
(Windows 10 Pro 64bit) (Wampserver 3.3.4 64bit) Aestan Tray Menu 3.2.5.4
<Apache versions MULTIPE> <PHP versions MULTIPLE> <MySQL Versions MULTIPLE>
<MariaDB versions MULTIPLE> <phpMyAdmin versions MULTIPLE> <MySQL Workbench 8.0.23>

Read The Manuals Apache -- MySQL -- PHP -- phpMyAdmin
Get your Apache/MySQL/mariaDB/PHP ADDONs here from the WAMPServer alternate Repo
-X-X-X- Backup your databases regularly Here is How dont regret it later! Yes even when developing -X-X-X-

Re: PHP files on web site don't execute
Posted by: hedera (---.lightspeed.sntcca.sbcglobal.net)
Date: May 09, 2014 05:30PM

What is this virtual host business? I've put WordPress sites on WAMP before - but that was an earlier version of WAMP which, frankly, was much better behaved. I'm now in the situation where you say it's UpDraft Plus' fault and Updraft says it's your fault, and I'm about to go try XAMPP and BackupBuddy.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.