PhPMyAdmin
Posted by: caydee (---.dip0.t-ipconnect.de)
Date: April 03, 2014 06:57PM

Hello!

Any idea how to get PHPMyAdmin started?

First I got this error:

Fatal error: Call to undefined function mb_detect_encoding() in C:\wamp\apps\phpmyadmin4.0.4\libraries\php-gettext\gettext.inc on line 177

and then after I made some changes (according to RiggsFolly here and on Stacksoverflow) to the php.ini and gettext.inc getting this error:

Fatal error: Call to undefined function _setlocale() in C:\wamp\apps\phpmyadmin4.0.4\libraries\select_lang.lib.php on line 487

Line 487:
// Set locale
_setlocale(LC_MESSAGES, $GLOBALS['lang']);
_bindtextdomain('phpmyadmin', $GLOBALS['lang_path']);
_bind_textdomain_codeset('phpmyadmin', 'UTF-8');
_textdomain('phpmyadmin');

Regards,

Caydee

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: PhPMyAdmin
Posted by: RiggsFolly (---.as13285.net)
Date: April 03, 2014 09:52PM

Check you have these extensions activated in PHP

php_mbstring & php_gettext

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
(Windows 10 Pro 64bit) (Wampserver 3.3.4 64bit) Aestan Tray Menu 3.2.5.4
<Apache versions MULTIPE> <PHP versions MULTIPLE> <MySQL Versions MULTIPLE>
<MariaDB versions MULTIPLE> <phpMyAdmin versions MULTIPLE> <MySQL Workbench 8.0.23>

Read The Manuals Apache -- MySQL -- PHP -- phpMyAdmin
Get your Apache/MySQL/mariaDB/PHP ADDONs here from the WAMPServer alternate Repo
-X-X-X- Backup your databases regularly Here is How dont regret it later! Yes even when developing -X-X-X-

Date: April 04, 2014 06:22PM

Hi RiggsFolly,

Yes, those 2 and several others according to your guide for wamp 2.4 are installed. Despite that the error is still there..

Caydee

Posted by: RiggsFolly (---.ppp.as43234.net)
Date: April 05, 2014 05:27PM

Am I right in assumng that yo uhave downloaded a new phpMyAdmin and you have the All Languages version.

If so I have just downloaded phpMyAdmin 4.1.12 all languages and it works just fine.

So did you make any chnage to the phpmyadmin's config.inc.php file?

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
<MariaDB versions MULTIPLE> <phpMyAdmin versions MULTIPLE> <MySQL Workbench 8.0.23>

Get your Apache/MySQL/mariaDB/PHP ADDONs here from the WAMPServer alternate Repo
-X-X-X- Backup your databases regularly Here is How dont regret it later! Yes even when developing -X-X-X-

Date: April 06, 2014 11:51AM

Hi RiggsFolly,

I have not downloaded any new version of PHPMyAdmin. The version not working here is the default version phpmyadmin 4.0.4 that comes with the latest thirty 2-Bit WAMP package (just a pun - smiling smiley). I made some changes to the said file/s. Icon is green as far as the rest goes.

Remember, you fixed it for me to work as my local testing server! The main site with the .dev extension was not working because of the large .htaccess file. I simply removed it and it's been working ever since. Only PHPMyAdmin has not been working. Didn't need at the time, but now that I want enhance some PHP functionality and restructure the booking page and add some changes to the database, it is important that it works.

Installing Open SSL is one other unsolved riddle, but that is not important as the main server has proper CA certified SSL.

It would be great if you could look it up on Team Viewer, but I know that you are really busy (really globally to say the least) with a myriad patients and problems..

Regards and wish you a nice sunny Sunday!

Caydee

Posted by: RiggsFolly (---.ppp.as43234.net)
Date: April 06, 2014 02:24PM

OK send me a Teamviewer IS and Password via Private Message

Date: April 07, 2014 01:55PM

RiggsFolly!

You are worth your weight in Gold!

All is working smoothly, purring like a cat.

Thank you,

Caydee

Posted by: lsdesignwide (---.iasi.fiberlink.ro)
Date: November 18, 2014 10:00PM

What was the problem?

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.