Restore MySQL DB from data folder
Posted by: goble (41.136.242.---)
Date: November 18, 2014 02:29PM

Hello all,

I've read all posts in this forum and related article I found on Google but none helped. I accidentally dropped a DB on PHPMyAdmin (running WAMP 2.4). I have a backup of 3 weeks but much data was added to the tables in the meanwhile. I don't think there has been a table created by Joomla (yes I'm running joomla 3.3).

Fortunately I was able to restore the directory via Windows 7 'previous version' utility, it was a version backed up by windows earlier during the day. I mean the directory: C:\wamp\bin\mysql\mysql5.6.12\data\mau1f_hotel. In fact mau1f_hotel is the database name.

After exiting WAMP, I restored the folder and restarted WAMP. It took more time than usual when I clicked on 'Structure' for this DB in PhPMyadmin, But no table would appear. Clicking on search gave me an error. I then restarted WAMP and I could see only 7 tables in 'Structure'. In 'Search' however, (in 'Inside tables') all tables seem to appear (more than 100)

I then dropped all the 7 tables, exit wamp, deleted the folder and restarted WAMP, restored the 3 weeks old backup and exit WAMP again, overwrite the folder with the backed up folder but again I can see only 7 tables.

P.S In 'search' and 'query' I can see all tables but only 7 tables in structure.

Could anyone give me a hint about whether i can restore all the data ?

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Restore MySQL DB from data folder
Posted by: RiggsFolly (---.as43234.net)
Date: November 18, 2014 04:41PM

What type of databases are they? MYISAM or INNODN?

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
(Windows 10 Pro 64bit) (Wampserver 3.3.4 64bit) Aestan Tray Menu 3.2.5.4
<Apache versions MULTIPE> <PHP versions MULTIPLE> <MySQL Versions MULTIPLE>
<MariaDB versions MULTIPLE> <phpMyAdmin versions MULTIPLE> <MySQL Workbench 8.0.23>

Read The Manuals Apache -- MySQL -- PHP -- phpMyAdmin
Get your Apache/MySQL/mariaDB/PHP ADDONs here from the WAMPServer alternate Repo
-X-X-X- Backup your databases regularly Here is How dont regret it later! Yes even when developing -X-X-X-

Date: November 18, 2014 04:56PM

Hello Riggsfolly,

and thanks for your message

I'm a newbie in terms of MySQL, I really don't know about that. This database is a Joomla DB. Where can I check the information you require ?

Cheers,

Date: November 18, 2014 05:40PM

Ok when you say you did a backup. How did you backup the databases?

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
<MariaDB versions MULTIPLE> <phpMyAdmin versions MULTIPLE> <MySQL Workbench 8.0.23>

Get your Apache/MySQL/mariaDB/PHP ADDONs here from the WAMPServer alternate Repo
-X-X-X- Backup your databases regularly Here is How dont regret it later! Yes even when developing -X-X-X-

Date: November 18, 2014 05:47PM

Hello,

I made a backup by exporting the DB. Anyway I was able to sort out the issue by restoring the whole C:\wamp\bin from Windows 7 'previous version' utility.

Since I didn't work on any other DB, the DB versions I had were OK.

Anyway many thanks!

Hope that could help others ! ;-)

Date: November 18, 2014 08:05PM

If you did a proper Export of the databases, then all you needed to do was drop all the databases and restore all the backups.

Easy.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.