Intermittent access to wampserver website via mobile device
Posted by: arvy307 (---.hfc.comcastbusiness.net)
Date: February 07, 2014 08:44PM

Hi,

I have a website setup on a wampserver (2.4) and when I am trying to use a mobile device (Android/Chrome) to view the site I get 'Oops! Google Chrome could not connect to 192.168.2.103.'

This isn't always the case and I am sometimes able to view the website just fine. Once connected it seems fine, i.e. I can traverse all of the site and it does not disconnect whilst in use.

I have tried everything I can think of:

1. httpd.conf: I've made the change to Require local, Require ip 192.168.2 (I've double/triple checked the IP address);
2. Firewall (windows and webroot): when I am unable to access the site, I have disabled both of the firewalls. I have also added port 80 to the windows firewall inbound rules exceptions list.
3. Restarted the wampserver multiple times, but to no avail.

httpd.conf:

#
# Controls who can get stuff from this server.
#
# onlineoffline tag - do not remove
Allow from 127.0.0.1 ::1
Require local
Require ip 192.168.2
The website is always accessible on the development machine.

Does anyone have any suggestions?

Many thanks, Arvy

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Intermittent access to wampserver website via mobile device
Posted by: RiggsFolly (---.ppp.as43234.net)
Date: February 07, 2014 10:48PM

You could start by amending httpd.conf to

#
# Controls who can get stuff from this server.
#
# onlineoffline tag - do not remove
Require local
Require ip 192.168.2

the Allow .... syntax is apache 2.2 and is covered by the apache 2.4 Require local.

Maybe that is causing some confusion

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
(Windows 10 Pro 64bit) (Wampserver 3.3.4 64bit) Aestan Tray Menu 3.2.5.4
<Apache versions MULTIPE> <PHP versions MULTIPLE> <MySQL Versions MULTIPLE>
<MariaDB versions MULTIPLE> <phpMyAdmin versions MULTIPLE> <MySQL Workbench 8.0.23>

Read The Manuals Apache -- MySQL -- PHP -- phpMyAdmin
Get your Apache/MySQL/mariaDB/PHP ADDONs here from the WAMPServer alternate Repo
-X-X-X- Backup your databases regularly Here is How dont regret it later! Yes even when developing -X-X-X-

Date: February 08, 2014 12:54AM

Hey RiggsFolly,

Thanks for the suggestion, I removed the Allow statement, but it hasn't made any difference sad smiley

Arvy

Date: February 08, 2014 11:47AM

Just checking here, do you have the PC running wamp setup as a static IP address or one with ip address allocated by your routers DHCP server?

If you are using the DHCP ip allocation it can be different each time you boot the PC.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
<MariaDB versions MULTIPLE> <phpMyAdmin versions MULTIPLE> <MySQL Workbench 8.0.23>

Get your Apache/MySQL/mariaDB/PHP ADDONs here from the WAMPServer alternate Repo
-X-X-X- Backup your databases regularly Here is How dont regret it later! Yes even when developing -X-X-X-

Date: February 10, 2014 08:47PM

It's a static IP address. I check that every time I have this issue and the IP address has been the same each time. The IP address of the mobile device does not change either. confused smiley

Posted by: ankitchauhan22 (115.249.17.---)
Date: February 11, 2014 01:10PM

I'm facing the same issue with wamp 2.4
I access my website through a public ip address. Most of the time I'm able to view my website but sometime I face the same issue. The website is running on windows 7 with 64 bit.

Date: February 11, 2014 03:00PM

Try this:

Add these two lines anywhere in your httpd.conf ( not inside another section ), then restart your Apache server:

AcceptFilter http none
AcceptFilter https none

Date: February 11, 2014 06:12PM

Hey,

That seems to have worked for me!! I've spent so long trying to figure this out, so thanks a lot RiggsFolly, really appreciated.

I've tried to google AcceptFilters and found a few related articles. My understanding is there is a performance issue (is that right?) which AcceptFilters overcomes ?

I am a complete noob when it comes to Apache (3 weeks or so...) If it was timing out, should I not have seen a message being logged in the access log?

Thanks again,
Arvy smiling smiley

Date: February 11, 2014 07:10PM

Maybe you should work your way through this STICKY [forum.wampserver.com]

That fix was part of the many little tweeks suggested.

Do each fix one by ine making sure Apache or MySQL still start after each fix. ( So you dont find one of your mistakes until the end and have bo idea where the error is )

Date: February 11, 2014 09:42PM

I spoke too soon sad smiley The site worked fine pretty much all morning and now it's gone.

Oh yeah, I went through that link earlier. I also just realised that those two lines were already part of httpd.conf! Oops!

Still trying to figure it out.

Date: February 14, 2014 08:06PM

Hi,

Just an update, I connected the Nexus 5 to the computer and started a remote debug session. On the network tab I can see the request is being sent, however, it seems like it times out and remains in a "pending" status!

However, in the Apache access log there is no mention of a request. Therefore, I assume the request is not being routed to Apache. (Anyone know how I might be able to check this ?)

Here are the request headers for the request :
Accept:text/html,application/xhtml+xml,application/xml;q=0.9,image/webp,*/*;q=0.8
Cache-Control:max-age=0
User-Agent:Mozilla/5.0 (Linux; Android 4.4.2; Nexus 5 Build/KOT49H) AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko) Chrome/32.0.1700.99 Mobile Safari/537.36

If that helps ... So I guess my only question is, is there another way to see if the request is being handled by the computer other than the Apache access log.. maybe windows is blocking it? maybe the phone itself is stopping the request message.. Any help is appreciated.

Thanks, Arvy

Date: February 14, 2014 08:22PM

Another update - I downloaded and installed Wireshark to monitor incoming HTTP requests. When in pending status, no request comes through. So I really think it is something to do with either the phone or the router...which is a SMC Router (SMCWBR14S-N4)

Date: February 15, 2014 01:00AM

Hi!

Ok, I think I got it this time... After getting hugely frustrated, I simply disconnected the WiFi and connected straight back. So far, whenever I've hit the issue, its been recovered by me doing this.

Hopefully that is it! I'll stop posting updates now. Hope this helps someone out there... smiling smiley

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.