How to hide red bar in MySQL that warns of setting password for root on localhost?
Posted by: orlando1974 (---.cable.teksavvy.com)
Date: August 25, 2013 01:54AM

Hi,

When I launch PHPMyAdmin on localhost, there is no login screen.
However, at the bottom in the MySQL screen is a red bar that says: "Your configuration file contains settings (root with no password) that correspond to the default MySQL privileged account. Your MySQL server is running with this default, is open to intrusion, and you really should fix this security hole by setting a password for user 'root'."

Is there anyway I can make this bar dissappear? Its localhost so I dont care that there is no password. but seeing this always makes me think theres a problem!

Also, a gray bar says "The phpMyAdmin configuration storage is not completely configured, some extended features have been deactivated. To find out why click here."

It would also be nice to hide this, or at least get confirmation that this is not a problem with my installation...

Can someone who is more experienced please help?

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 08/25/2013 03:25AM by orlando1974.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: How to hide red bar in MySQL that warns of setting password for root on localhost?
Posted by: RiggsFolly (---.ppp.as43234.net)
Date: August 25, 2013 05:33PM

If you dont want to add a password to the 'root' username then that message will always appear.

The other message about 'not completely configured' can be ignored. Of course you could always do some reading on the phpMyAdmin web site and decide if you want to configure these other features.

Options: ReplyQuote

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.