Can't get Workbench to start using wamp's mysql server
Posted by: FuzMic (175.144.10.---)
Date: May 13, 2013 06:36AM

Hi frends

As i mentioned before I can start and end the local MySQL server in PC1.winOS; by passing wampServer
C:\WAMP\bin\mysql\mysql5.5.24\bin\mysqld.exe -- to start
C:\WAMP\bin\mysql\mysql5.5.24\bin\mysqladmin.exe -u root shutdown -- to end it

when i use mysql workbench it just can't start & stop the server from within it. I have 2 screen but i can't attach them. Essentially i create an new server instance but on testing it fail but it remain on the home screen. When i click on it and adjust the c:\wamp\bin\msql\msql5.5.24/my.ini with the following
[mysqld]
port=3306
basedir = "C:/wamp/bin/mysql/mysql5.5.24"
datadir = "C:/wamp/bin/mysql/mysql5.5.24/data"

still can't start / stop.

If i start wampserver or use mysqld.exe to start then this server instance work. What did i missed?

By the way why this forum allowing many bots or like to get to, seems the recaptcha did not stop them

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Can't get Workbench to start using wamp's mysql server
Posted by: FuzMic (175.144.10.---)
Date: May 13, 2013 07:19AM

Hi guys

Just found out that if i uninstall workbench 5.2.47, start wamp then reinstall workbench, the server instance that was created before the uninstall will appear. The configuration location is also correct shown.
Try to stop and start the server by clicking the server instance, it will work.

Next exit wamp, run workbench without wamp, then voila, workbench can now start and stop server. WHY??

BUT ... BUT ... this is not reproduceable ie no more start / stop from workbench after a 2nd restart of workbench without wamp. Everything goes back the my first part of this thread. Status Quo, no good!!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/13/2013 07:29AM by FuzMic.

Posted by: RiggsFolly (---.as13285.net)
Date: May 18, 2013 07:12PM

Hi Fuzmic,

Be careful. There are at least 2 installations of mysql workbench. One just installs the workbench product but the other, which I think you are installng also installs a new version of MySQL itself.

If you have wamp installed you do not want to install the workbench that comes with a MySQL as well. This will just confuse the wamp installation of MySQL.

So install WAMP and then install [dev.mysql.com]

I use the ZIP Archive and not the .MSI option as I am note sure exactly what the .msi install does.

Posted by: FuzMic (49.124.148.---)
Date: May 19, 2013 01:05PM

Chris thanks, will uninstall workbench & try to find dev.mysql.com & install. Using this will there still be the workbench interface, getting a bit confused.

See you guys using another Are you human challenge due to the spamming.

Date: May 19, 2013 01:09PM

Chris you are back. Thanks will uninstall the workbench too and install dev.mysql.com. A bit confused; does it mean the workbench interface will still be there.

I see new Are you human challenge bcos of the spamming. You guys must be busy removing them.

Date: May 19, 2013 01:48PM

Chris

You must be moderating. I made mistake of sending twice, now 3rd because of this response in PM - 13 +8 = 21

The data that you have submitted to the server have been rejected, because it looks like they were posted by an automated bot. If your browser has no JavaScript support or if JavaScript is disabled, then this might be the cause of the problem. JavaScript must be enabled for submitting this form.

What' happening?

Posted by: RiggsFolly (---.as13285.net)
Date: May 20, 2013 10:47AM

Hi,

I am not a moderator, but they appear to be changing things to stop the spammers.
I get the same error when trying to use the PM feature, not sure why.

Yes if you install just the workbench interface thats all you get, not a MySQL database manager as well.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.