mySQL error 2002, fresh install over cleaned folders
Posted by: c2builder (---.lightspeed.sntcca.sbcglobal.net)
Date: May 12, 2013 10:09PM

I'm unable to run either phpMyAdmin or sqlBuddy even after wiping out an earlier install (which was reinstalled before I had tried the 2 programs). phpMyAdmin gives "MySql #2002 - An attempt was made to access a socket in a way forbidden by its access permissions". sqlBuddy says "There's been a problem...". I read the earlier forum posts and tried all but the IPV6 stuff - since I found that the POST was getting to sqlbuddy's login.php code. The login for sqlbuddy is communicating with the server code so I've skipped IPV6 stuff.

Shortly after the very clean re-install, I found that mysql's config had port 3306 and socket /tmp/mysql.sock. But phpmyadmin's cfg.inc.php had blanks for those. I added those to cfg.inc.php.

I checked my McAfee and had to add port 3306 to its firewall section. I checked it to make it Open.. Turning off the entire firewall didn't fix it either.

I checked with Windows "Task manager" and confirmed that something looking like wamp, apache and mysql were running (the icon was green). 'Services' included wampapache and wampmysqld ('running') and the 'Processes' tab showed wampserver.exe running.

WRT sqlbuddy, I added some debug code to login.php and found that it's failing the $connCheck.isConnected() test using the default entries of host: localhost, user 'root', pass none. This is a windows 7 system, I've tried my name 'frank' (I have no passwd on this laptop), 127.0.0.1, guest etc. I checked to see that the /tmp directory allowed apps to write there.

On the sqlbuddy login screen, I have tried combos of names etc. I was surprised the defaults didn't work:
host: localhost, user: root, pass none. The config files said something about 'allow No Password'.

I'm stumped. Any ideas?

frank

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: mySQL error 2002, fresh install over cleaned folders
Posted by: c2builder (---.lightspeed.sntcca.sbcglobal.net)
Date: May 12, 2013 10:35PM

Check /tmp again and, from cygwin's viewpoint, all the files presently in the folder are totally r/w w/the '+' bit,
the folder still claims to be ReadOnly. Microsoft had posted about that, how Win Explorer can't change that but that Cmd.exe can with its 'attrib' command. [support.microsoft.com]

I removed both R (readonly) and S (system) attributes. 'attrib' claims they're gone but Win Explorer still says the folder is readonly. Whatever, the change didn't fix anything.

Options: ReplyQuote

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.