External connections to Wamp server WordPress install prompt for Router login
Posted by: VoxelDavid (---.dyn.optonline.net)
Date: May 12, 2013 07:17PM

I'm running a locally hosted Wamp server for testing purposes and my WordPress installations cannot be accessed by the outside. It always pops up with a router login box.

I've got Apache set to listen on ports 80, 1342 and 8080 (1342 is the only port to work on external connections), ports 1342 and 8080 are both forwarded in my router to my local IPv4 address and I've got inbound rules setup in my Firewall to allow connections from 1342 and 8080 (I don't know why 8080 doesn't work, though as long as one port works that's fine).

[my.ip.x.x]:1342 can be accessed fine, bringing up my Wamp index, but going to one of my WordPress installs brings up my router login, saying: "The server at [my.ip.x.x]:80 requires a username and password."

It seems like when I go to access my WordPress install it's redirecting me to port 80. Could that be my problem?

Help is much appreciated.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: External connections to Wamp server WordPress install prompt for Router login
Posted by: stevenmartin99 (Moderator)
Date: May 12, 2013 08:21PM

Most likely your ISP bans the use of servers

you can check on CanYouSeeMe.org

test each port, and compare the errors at the bottom of the page

Steven Martin
stevenmartin99@gmail.com
stevenmartin99@hotmail.com
PampServer.com - [pampserver.com]

Re: External connections to Wamp server WordPress install prompt for Router login
Posted by: VoxelDavid (---.dyn.optonline.net)
Date: May 12, 2013 11:38PM

CanYouSeeMe shows that my 1342 port is open (Not 80 or 8080, though. Maybe my ISP blocks them).
Everything works aside from my WordPress directories. I can access my Wamp server externally, it's just the two WordPress installs that bring up my router login.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.