Local host phpadmin fail after installing mysql
Posted by: FuzMic (49.124.184.---)
Date: April 26, 2013 02:06AM

Hi gurus & friends

I was using wamp in winxp.prof for months without any problem ie phpadmin and all pages / sites within wamp works.

Then i install mysql workbench 5.2CE; much later, not realizing there might be a problem, i start using the localhost: ----

When i try to use phpMyAdmin the following message:
phpMyAdmin tried to connect to the MySQL server, and the server rejected the connection. You should check the host, username and password in your configuration and make sure that they correspond to the information given by the administrator of the MySQL server.

When i try to open any webpage, the following message:
cannot connect to the database because 1: Access denied for user 'root'@'localhost' (using password: NO)

What is happening fundamentally, help must appreciate to learn. All this happening as wamp cannot start the services. (not green but orange in tray)

Just for more info, following are from phpinfo()

System Windows NT HOME-PC 5.1 build 2600 (Windows XP Professional Service Pack 3) i586
Build Date May 8 2012 00:47:34
Compiler MSVC9 (Visual C++ 2008)
Architecture x86
Configure Command cscript /nologo configure.js "--enable-snapshot-build" "--disable-isapi" "--enable-debug-pack" "--without-mssql" "--without-pdo-mssql" "--without-pi3web" "--with-pdo-oci=C:\php-sdk\oracle\instantclient10\sdk,shared" "--with-oci8=C:\php-sdk\oracle\instantclient10\sdk,shared" "--with-oci8-11g=C:\php-sdk\oracle\instantclient11\sdk,shared" "--enable-object-out-dir=../obj/" "--enable-com-dotnet" "--with-mcrypt=static" "--disable-static-analyze" "--with-pgo"
Server API Apache 2.0 Handler
Virtual Directory Support enabled
Configuration File (php.ini) Path C:\WINDOWS
Loaded Configuration File C:\wamp\bin\apache\apache2.2.22\bin\php.ini

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Local host phpadmin fail after installing mysql
Posted by: RiggsFolly (---.as13285.net)
Date: April 26, 2013 11:03AM

There is no problem running mysql workbench and phpMyAdmin on the same system. I do all the time.

The problem is yours. I bet you used mysql workbench to add a password to the root userid !!!!

When i try to open any webpage, the following message:
cannot connect to the database because 1: Access denied for user 'root'@'localhost' (using password: NO)

This error is saying you have a password on the root userid but you have not told phpMyAdmin what the password is.

edit \wamp\apps\phpmyadmin3.5.1\config.ini.php

Change
$cfg['Servers'][$i]['auth_type'] = 'config';
$cfg['Servers'][$i]['user'] = 'root';
$cfg['Servers'][$i]['password'] = '';
$cfg['Servers'][$i]['AllowNoPassword'] = true;

To
$cfg['Servers'][$i]['auth_type'] = 'http';
$cfg['Servers'][$i]['user'] = '';
$cfg['Servers'][$i]['AllowNoPassword'] = false;

This will cause phpmyadmin to throw a user/password dialog request for you to enter them a userid and password on the screen.

Posted by: FuzMic (49.125.169.---)
Date: April 26, 2013 12:41PM

RF, Good to see you again & thanks the careful answer, its clear but it did not work, phpadmin response is the same. To be sure i did type in the right stuff in phpadmin3.5.2\config.inc.php, i copy & paste it here for you to scan, often i found just a simple typographic error fouls everything.

$cfg['Servers'][$i]['auth_type'] = 'http';
$cfg['Servers'][$i]['user'] = '';
$cfg['Servers'][$i]['AllowNoPassword'] = false;

The exact response to trying to run phpAdmin is
MySQL said: Cannot connect: invalid settings.
phpMyAdmin tried to connect to the MySQL server, and the server rejected the connection. You should check the host, username and password in your configuration and make sure that they correspond to the information given by the administrator of the MySQL server.

By the way when i open page in wamp, this is this the response showing that somehow the mysqldata can be opened with my usual root user and blank password.

Database connection error (2): Could not connect to MySQL.

when i open a localhost .php file, it runs so wamp is working, only how else to fix the phpadmin.

I was really looking forward to it throwing a user/password dialog but it did not. So now forward to your further help because i need to make test at the localhost before going live.
Kind Regards.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 04/26/2013 12:58PM by FuzMic.

Posted by: RiggsFolly (---.as13285.net)
Date: April 26, 2013 01:30PM

Very strange it works for me!

Maybe we should go for a Team Viewer session.

If that ok with you send me a Private message with the Team Viewer ID and PASSWORD

Posted by: FuzMic (49.125.11.---)
Date: April 26, 2013 04:49PM

Thanks, after the session i now understand i made the mistake of having another version of mysql. The workbench should have rely on the 1st instance which is accessible by the workbench via TCP/IP.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/26/2013 04:51PM by FuzMic.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.