Changed Port for apache but it keeps trying 80.
Posted by: brucewhealton (---.nc.res.rr.com)
Date: April 27, 2013 04:52AM

Hello,
So, I installed wamp server but have never been able to get it to start. I have tried to setup the port for apache with
Listen 8000

I also tried
Listen *:8000

But every time I try to start apache as a service it fails to start. The errors say that port 80 is already being used. I know it is being used, as I had another server xampp setup to listen on part 80. So, I tried to tell wamp server to use port 8000. It never seems to accept that change though.
Any ideas,
Bruce

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Changed Port for apache but it keeps trying 80.
Posted by: RiggsFolly (---.as13285.net)
Date: April 27, 2013 04:27PM

Bruce,

Where do I begin?

XAMPP and WAMP deliver basically the same things i.e. APACHE and MYSQL + PHP so why are you trying to run them both on the same PC?

When trying to change the php.ini file in WAMP use the menus provided on wampmanager ( the icon in the system tray) That will ensure you are editing the correct php.ini file.

You are also going to have problems with MySQL as XAMPP's one will be using port 3306 so WAMP's wont be able to use it, so you would need to change the port for that as well.

I would suggest picking either XAMPP or WAMP but definitely not both until you have more skills in the general area of Apache and MySQL!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/27/2013 04:27PM by RiggsFolly.

Options: ReplyQuote

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.